CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum sponsor

Gil and Vicki Ash OSP Shooting School

Post subject: Quest for the ultimate three bullet drill!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:42 am 
Field Grade

Having read Gils recent description of the "three bullet drill" I have some questions. I understand the set up of the drill with regards to the three points, but am intrigued as to the best ways to squeeze as much as possible out of the drill.

So, here goes:
- When running the drill in its most basic form, what are the ideal hold points? Presumably on the centre bullet? I've tried on the centre and mid point between the centre and an outer with mixed success. Like to hear others thoughts on this one.

- Wanting to practice keeping the in moving I'm questioning the need to stop on the outer bullet. One thing that I've trialled is focusing on the left and bullet, hold point on the centre and a move, mount, shot at the right hand bullet. Any thoughts anyone?

Nick

Post subject: Re: Quest for the ultimate three bullet drill!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

STOP MAKING THIS MORE THAN IT IS.....THE OBJECTIVE IS NOT TO TRAIN A MOVE IT IS HOWEVER TO LEARN TO ACCEPT THE GUN IN THE PERIPHERY WITHOUT LOOKING AT IT....NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS....YOU ARE ACTUALLY TRAINING YOUR EYES TO LOOK BEHIND THE GUN WHEN THE GUN IS MOUNTED....LAST TIME WE LOOKED THE GUN MUST BE AHEAD OF THE TAREGT TO HIT IT SO THAT MEANS THAT THE TARGET MUST BE BEHIND THE GUN AND IF YOUR EYES MUST BE ON THE TARGET THEN THEY MUST BE LOOKING BEHIND THE GUN,,.....STOP THE MECHANICAL THINKING....JUST MOUNT THE GUN ON EITHER BULLET WHILE LOOKING AT THE CENTER BULLET......JUST DO IT.....GA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:44 pm 
Field Grade

Yes sir! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

spend a lot of time looking across the barrel....right to left picture for righthanded shooter....that on is the most confusing for right handed.....phenominal results with 10 minutes per day everyday for 2 months....total elimination of confusion.....GA