CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Browning Citori 725 Sporting
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm 
Limited Edition

I love my 725 sporting. I handled a lot of guns before I bought it and I couldn't be happier. Alot of the regulars at the club always ask to try my gun and all of they all liked it. Most of these guys are Blaser, CG and Krieghoff shooters. Its a quality sporting gun that's affordable to a lot of people.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:50 pm 
Field Grade

New personal best for someone who has only shot sporting clays 5 times.... 75/100 with the 725 sporting. Now, that was with me shooting true pairs when I shouldn't have.

Worked a ton better now that I got a hold of another skeet choke and light mod choke.

Used Rem Premier Nitro 1 1/8oz #8

Browning Citori Maple Lightning 12/28"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

uncle-buck wrote:
Borrow or rent one and shoot it before buying.

You can get a pretty similar experience renting a 525 or 625, even an XS.

I shoot 30" bbls (I'm 5'7") and love the way they feel. 28"s feel short for me. With your height, you'd probably do well with 32" bbls...

http://www.coyoteclays.com... fun shootin' in Silicon Valley

...Religious people fear hell - Spiritual people have already been there...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm 
Utility Grade

I have had a new 725 Sporting for about 2 months now and I am delighted with it. I shoot mostly Skeet (American) but have also tried it at the trap field - and have enjoyed it immensely.

I compared the 725 carefully with the Cynergy - and teh 725 won out for me. Mine is 12 Ga with 30: barrels. The Hi-Viz sight system (front post, ivory mid bead) and low profile receiver enable an excellent sight picture of the top rail.

The drop in comb is a relatively flat 1 9/16". Still if you have a short neck you may want the adjustable comb model which is just now hitting Browning dealers (July 2012). I will be having an aftermarket (Graco) adjustable comb installed on mine.

The ported barrels and Inflex recoil pad system are both excellent in reducing felt recoil - I shoot mostly generic Federal 1 1/8 oz target loads - and it feel like shooting a 20ga in other guns. Its that good and effective.

The walnut stock in medium brown had beautiful grain and precise CNC and laser cut checkering that is aggressive and an ample right hand shooter palm swell. 3 triggers are included in the box as well as a selection of front sight post inserts.

The Invector DS choke system works as advertised - no fouling in the barrel threads at all. The extended chokes look beautiful and really set off the gun visually.

LOP - adjustable by he trigger. Interesting that early gun magazine reviewers and the European model of this gun (B725) all had LOP stock spacers included in the box by Browning. There are no such spacers in the American Market boxes. The spacers are available from Browning customer service sales for $3.00 for each 1/4" spacer (each spacer is actually 7mm). These spacers fit perfectly between the wood stock and the Inflex recoil pad and look/match fine with the gun overall. The spacers stack together neatly - when using 2 or 3 spacers they look as if it is one. These spacers are the same part that come in the box with the Maxus and A5 shotguns.

The stock spacers are Browning part # B1181097AA.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks for the info Chuck. Sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great review, Chuck. You've got me seriously considering this now, for my next skeet gun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
Field Grade

Browning 725 Sporting 32" is my new o/u and I really love it. Low recoil for a 12 ga. and points really well. Highly recommend you shoot one before you buy anything else!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm 
Utility Grade

Can anyone tell me if the 725 comes standard with a right hand palm swell or it is an option?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

It's standard on Sporting models.

Post subject: Browning Citori 725 Sporting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am 
Utility Grade

Sweet! That's what I needed to know, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 am 
Limited Edition

I still can't get over the lack of recoil on this gun, even shooting 1 1-8oz loads.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 pm 
Limited Edition

I agree the recoil its very mild. A well designed gun.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The_Chupacabra wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the 725 comes standard with a right hand palm swell or it is an option?

I handled three different 725's the day I bought mine, and the one that had the adjustable comb did NOT have a palm swell. Despite the fact that I didn't need or want the adjustable comb, that was one of the main reasons I got the non-adjustable gun.

I have no idea why it did not have the palm swell, and neither did the shop owner...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 am 
Diamond Grade

Here is an interesting review of the 725 that I hadn't seen before. A couple of paragraphs allow us some insight into the how's and the why's Browning designed the DS choke tubes as they did.

http://www.gamaliel.com/content/browning_725_review.asp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm 
Field Grade

Art Henk wrote:
The_Chupacabra wrote:

I handled three different 725's the day I bought mine, and the one that had the adjustable comb did NOT have a palm swell. Despite the fact that I didn't need or want the adjustable comb, that was one of the main reasons I got the non-adjustable gun.

I have no idea why it did not have the palm swell, and neither did the shop owner...

I purchased my 725 32" sporting non adj. stock back in June, and I really liked it. It had the palm swell. In Sept. I found a good deal on the Adj. stock 725 32", basically what I paid for the non adj. model, so I bought that too :? it also has the palm swell. I figured why not have that one and sell the other. After all, there really are NO used 725's on the market. Gave it to a shop where we shoot sporting clays on consignment, and they sold it in three days for almost what I paid for it :D . So happy with this gun, even if I really don't need the adj. stock, it's nice to have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 am 
Utility Grade

Asking a similar question that was originally post, hoping for some guidance from this forum. I've been learning as much as I can before making my first (hopefully last) purchase. Laugh away, I'm making the jump from golf clubs to sporting clays. Was 42-50 my first trip out, I caught the bug. Have been back out a few times, but have a hard time finding good guns at the local ranges. I've literally have been looking for two years, I'm ready to make the purchase. I'm in the up to $5000 market.

I'm 6'6" tall, long arms, long neck. 220 lbs.

I was looking for a Browning 625, but they too appear to be right up there with unicorns. So, now I'm looking at the Browning 725 Sporting Clays 12 gauge 32" with factory adjustable comb, new Invector DS choke tubes and barrel, low profile reciever, New in Box, for $3050. (Which I've found on www.Joeletchensguns.com)

Here are some of my questions:
- Should I be concerned about the Browning Adjustable Comb? (I've read that they aren't the best and I may want to think about an aftermarket adjustable comb???)

- Does anyone have 1000's of rounds shot with a 625 and a 725, I am concerned about the lighter weight of the gun, it seems as if that could cause wear and tear on me.

- Follow Up question - Should I consider a recoil set up? Popular advice seems to be to buy a gun and shoot it for a long time before making any customizations for recoil.

- How should I go about getting fitted for the gun?

- Please feel free to provide any other guidance.

(Per a post on a previous forum, I really would like to find a new or lightly used 625 with 32" Barrels and an adjustable comb, but that seems to be the one item that even Google can't find)

Thanks for any guidance you care to offer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

The guns are made in Japan and shipped all over the World, Australia, Europe and the U.S.
Why do Browning USA not allow the import of none ported barrels????????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm 
Limited Edition

Mikk7400 wrote:
Asking a similar question that was originally post, hoping for some guidance from this forum. I've been learning as much as I can before making my first (hopefully last) purchase. Laugh away, I'm making the jump from golf clubs to sporting clays. Was 42-50 my first trip out, I caught the bug. Have been back out a few times, but have a hard time finding good guns at the local ranges. I've literally have been looking for two years, I'm ready to make the purchase. I'm in the up to $5000 market.

I'm 6'6" tall, long arms, long neck. 220 lbs.

I was looking for a Browning 625, but they too appear to be right up there with unicorns. So, now I'm looking at the Browning 725 Sporting Clays 12 gauge 32" with factory adjustable comb, new Invector DS choke tubes and barrel, low profile reciever, New in Box, for $3050. (Which I've found on http://www.Joeletchensguns.com)

Here are some of my questions:
- Should I be concerned about the Browning Adjustable Comb? (I've read that they aren't the best and I may want to think about an aftermarket adjustable comb???)

- Does anyone have 1000's of rounds shot with a 625 and a 725, I am concerned about the lighter weight of the gun, it seems as if that could cause wear and tear on me.

- Follow Up question - Should I consider a recoil set up? Popular advice seems to be to buy a gun and shoot it for a long time before making any customizations for recoil.

- How should I go about getting fitted for the gun?

- Please feel free to provide any other guidance.

(Per a post on a previous forum, I really would like to find a new or lightly used 625 with 32" Barrels and an adjustable comb, but that seems to be the one item that even Google can't find)

Thanks for any guidance you care to offer.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I have well over 6000 rounds through my 725 with no recoil issues and I'm 5'10 165lb. I had my gun fitted just recently. I wish I had done it sooner.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 pm 
Limited Edition

First off, welcome Mikk7400.

Here are a few thoughts of mine.

Do NOT concern yourself with recoil with the 725, just forget it. The gun does not kick at all with the Inflex II pad in 32" barrels, it's so soft I still can't get over it. It's much better than my Beretta with 32" barrels. So forget about recoil, seriously.

Second. Are you sure you need the adjustable comb? Not saying you don't but some people with longer necks need to actually lower the comb, not raise it or raise the entire gun, not just the comb. You need to see what you eye sight line is when you raise the stock to your shoulder and cheek. If you see too much rib, then you need to lower the comb or raise the gun up. Lots of tall guys think they just raise the comb up to meet their cheek and long neck, when in reality all that does is give you too much rib sight which will make the gun shoot high. The 725 had a mid bead, so use that to help insure you are getting a correct sight picture.

Look around, $3k for the sporting is still too high IMO. Non adjustable comb guns can be had in the $2500 range NIB if you look around.

Gun fit? Find a local guy, that's the only way to do it right.

Hope that helped. The 725 really is a great gun, no need to search for that 625.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

I bought a Beretta A400 Extreme from Joel Etchen earlier this spring and he had the best price around. I think his price on a sporting adjustable comb 725 is about right, particularly from a reputable dealer. There is another thread in the Browning forum where a guy bought the cheapest 725 Sporter NIB he could find on gunbroker but had to return it due to the gun not being as advertised as what was stated in the gunbroker ad. The cheapest price is not always the best price.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next