CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MY SAVAGE TACTICAL 320 STEVEN PUMP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am 
Utility Grade

Hopefully someone knows where to find or direct me better -
1. I'm looking for a new tactical collapsable stock for my 320 ..very hard to find exact information on the right stock because no one cross references Savage : only the Mossbergs & Remingtons... My problem is that i see the stocks I want but I don't know if they will fit my Savage. I need to know what my shotgun mostly compares to in size at the stock .. I notice that the rear of the gun ( connecting to the stock ) is larger than my Mossberg 500 tact.. From what I am GUESSING the Winchester 1200 / 1300 shotguns are closest in size .. Does anyone know ?

2. I like the look of my black Forend however I want to change it to match whatever type of stock I get ..Color will be Sandstorm or Flat Desert Tan ... If I can not find one I want to know if I have the existing one painted or power coated will it take w/ the plastic material ?

Post subject: Re: MY SAVAGE TACTICAL 320 STEVEN PUMP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 pm 
I doubt anyone has an answer as the Stevens is new and probably different from other guns. On the other hand, who knows? It is said to be a Chinese copy of the Ithaca 37 with some significant differences - like 2 action bars versus 1 on the Ithaca.

Have you thought of just shortening the LOP on your factory stock? Some of the AR style stocks are good and some are definitely not. Unless you need it to adjust for big/little people, I would just look at a short LOP. At least until/if someone comes out with a stock to fit.

I might tend to think conventional powder coating may not work on plastic, but again, someone who has been there and done that will know more.

Welcome to the Basement by the way..... {hs#

Post subject: Re: MY SAVAGE TACTICAL 320 STEVEN PUMP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am 
Utility Grade

Diamond Grade ,
Thank you for the information ( Chinese copy of the Ithaca 37 ) I did not know that ! I will look into shortening the LOP.. IO really appreciate your help ..

and thank you for your " Welcome to the Basement ' !