CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning 2000 value
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm 
Utility Grade

My father has a Browning shotgun and he is wondering how he could determine its value.

It's a Browning 2000 with the following markings on the gun:
I assume this may be the serial number 75722
I believe this could be the code for the year it was made....C57
The barrel is stamped Made in Belgium assembled in Portugal.

It is a 12 Ga. 3" magnum with a 30" ventilated rib barrel which is not threaded for choke tubes.

It appears to have a nice walnut stock with perfectly cut undamaged scratch free checkering.

There are only a few very minor handling scratches on the stock and the bluing and bore is in perfect condition. The gun has obviously been very well taken care of.

If no one has an idea of value can someone point me to the right rescources for determining the guns value. I'm leery of just taking it to my local gun dealers.

Thanks for your help! :D

Post subject: Re: Browning 2000 value
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 am 
Crown Grade

The 2000's were made from the mid 70's until the early 80's if I recall correctly. They had the advantage of being either a 2 3/4" or 3" gun just by the barrel installed. Unfortunately, they did not catch on and the one's I have seen don't command high prices. The last one I saw in a shop, about 85%, was $325.

Post subject: Re: Browning 2000 value
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 am 
Utility Grade

Tijeras_Slim wrote:
The 2000's were made from the mid 70's until the early 80's if I recall correctly. They had the advantage of being either a 2 3/4" or 3" gun just by the barrel installed. Unfortunately, they did not catch on and the one's I have seen don't command high prices. The last one I saw in a shop, about 85%, was $325.

Thanks for the information! I will pass it on to my dad.