CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Sxp? URGENT!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 am 
Utility Grade

Hey i am looking for a new pump shotgun.. And this gun has cought my eye. I was originally gonna buy a Sx3 or Maxus but then i put most of my money intio my 1976 Ford Highboy.. :wink: So i can't afford one right now but in the future will probably own one. I had a Remington 870 Super mag JUNK. I have had to send it back to the factory 5 or 6 times before i sold it. Now i know this gun is made in Turkey but that doesn't bother me i have had two other shotguns that where made over there and they are great guns. I want the 3.5 version. Now i know you don't necesarily need the 3.5 option. But i just want it so i know i can feed my shotgun anything. I want to know if anyone out there owns one or has shot one. And if you have had any problems with them. And if you would suggest one. I need to know quick because i plan on buying one in a few days.. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Winchester Sxp? URGENT!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 pm 
Utility Grade

I have the "Black Shadow" Winchester SXP that came with the 28" barrel as well as the 18" Home Defense barrel. I absolutely love mine. I've ran about 10,000 shells through the gun since I've had it. I've had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. The things I love about the Super X Pump are as follows:

-"Speed bolt" system. Everytime you fire, the bolt flies back almost all the way so all you, the shooter, have to do is pull the pump back like an inch to eject the shell, the slide the pump forward to chamber the next round. Winchester calls the SXP the, "Pump action that thinks it's an auto-loader" once you shoot the SXP, you understand why. Very fast pump action shotgun. In my experience, if you shoot 00 buckshot through it, or 3" game loads, (basically, a shell that has more power than a target load) the bolt will fly ALL the way back and eject the spent hull, so all you have to do is slide the pump forward to chamber the next shell.

-It's back bore'd. .742" You can run pretty much any kind of ammo through the SXP and she'll eat it, which is a huge plus when you demand reliability.

-Chrome lined chamber, and barrel. You can run steel shot, tungsten shot, pretty much any kind of shot through this gun and it won't hurt the barrel (If you run a lot steel shot through an ordinary gun, it will eventually damage the barrel. NOT the case with the SXP because the barrel/chamber are chrome lined.)

- And lastly, 5+1 capacity. Too many companies anymore make their shotguns only capable of holding 4+1...I don't like that. The more ammo in the gun, the better.

Now, I can't say much about the SXP variant with the 3.5" chamber because mine only chamber's 3" shells, but I'd bet you anything you'd never have a problem with it...EVER. Winchester is the best kept secret as far as shotguns go because everyone thinks they have to have a Remington 870 (junk) or a Mossberg something or other. Winchester's are the sh*t and always will be. Get the SXP, you won't be disappointed.

-Light weight and COMFORTABLE! Is light weight in that, the stock and pump are made of polymer plastic (VERY TOUGH plastic, not cheap at all!) and the gun has an "Inflex" rubber butt pad. The Inflex rubber butt pad is fairly thick, it shoulders comfortably, and you could shoot all day and have no pain in your shoulder. The gun feels like you're shooting a 20 gauge...not even exaggerating at all.

BTW: Look around on http://www.gunbroker.com for a good deal on one. The one I have (Black shadow, 3" chamber, 28" barrel, and came with the 18"HD barrel) retails at around $480. I got mine on GunBroker for only $270 BRAND NEW. It pays to shop around.

Hope this helps!!
-WinSXPGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 pm 
Utility Grade

WinSXPGuy wrote:
I have the "Black Shadow" Winchester SXP that came with the 28" barrel as well as the 18" Home Defense barrel. I absolutely love mine. I've ran about 10,000 shells through the gun since I've had it. I've had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. The things I love about the Super X Pump are as follows:

-"Speed bolt" system. Everytime you fire, the bolt flies back almost all the way so all you, the shooter, have to do is pull the pump back like an inch to eject the shell, the slide the pump forward to chamber the next round. Winchester calls the SXP the, "Pump action that thinks it's an auto-loader" once you shoot the SXP, you understand why. Very fast pump action shotgun. In my experience, if you shoot 00 buckshot through it, or 3" game loads, (basically, a shell that has more power than a target load) the bolt will fly ALL the way back and eject the spent hull, so all you have to do is slide the pump forward to chamber the next shell.

-It's back bore'd. .742" You can run pretty much any kind of ammo through the SXP and she'll eat it, which is a huge plus when you demand reliability.

-Chrome lined chamber, and barrel. You can run steel shot, tungsten shot, pretty much any kind of shot through this gun and it won't hurt the barrel (If you run a lot steel shot through an ordinary gun, it will eventually damage the barrel. NOT the case with the SXP because the barrel/chamber are chrome lined.)

- And lastly, 5+1 capacity. Too many companies anymore make their shotguns only capable of holding 4+1...I don't like that. The more ammo in the gun, the better.

Now, I can't say much about the SXP variant with the 3.5" chamber because mine only chamber's 3" shells, but I'd bet you anything you'd never have a problem with it...EVER. Winchester is the best kept secret as far as shotguns go because everyone thinks they have to have a Remington 870 (junk) or a Mossberg something or other. Winchester's are the sh*t and always will be. Get the SXP, you won't be disappointed.

-Light weight and COMFORTABLE! Is light weight in that, the stock and pump are made of polymer plastic (VERY TOUGH plastic, not cheap at all!) and the gun has an "Inflex" rubber butt pad. The Inflex rubber butt pad is fairly thick, it shoulders comfortably, and you could shoot all day and have no pain in your shoulder. The gun feels like you're shooting a 20 gauge...not even exaggerating at all.

BTW: Look around on http://www.gunbroker.com for a good deal on one. The one I have (Black shadow, 3" chamber, 28" barrel, and came with the 18"HD barrel) retails at around $480. I got mine on GunBroker for only $270 BRAND NEW. It pays to shop around.

Hope this helps!!
-WinSXPGuy

Thank you so much a very nice review and detail in the gun! I plan on ordering one through my ffl dealer he is giving me a deal since I order so many guns through him.. (I like to support my local people) And i am very excited to get it. Thanks so much i will order it in 2 weeks. Pretty excited to use it for waterfowl season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am 
Utility Grade

No problem!! I think the SXP is the best kept secret as far as affordable pump action shotguns go! I can't believe how much you get from the gun between its "speed bolt" system, and the chrome lined barrel and chamber for such a low price! I'd rather see people shooting the SXP over a junk Remington 870 ANY DAY. Haha and for that reason, that's why I love talking about the SXP, and getting people interested in them over the crappy 870's. If you ever have any questions about the SXP, please, feel free to contact me!

Have a good day!
-WinSXPGuy