CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tri Star Silver Hunter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looking for info on O/U shotgun Tri Star Silver Hunter 20 and 28 ga two barrel set gun is new just saw pictures of it. I need to know what it worth, where its made, and what other O/U it compaires too. It just a hunting gun thanks for the info,

Post subject: Re: Tri Star Silver Hunter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Inexpensive Turkish O/U. Basic entry-level gun with mixed reviews. Use the "Search" function to find SGW reviews.

The best thing about TriStar seems to be their excellent customer service and 5-year warranty.

Probably comparable to the Mossberg Silver Reserve 20/28 ga. combo set, perhaps even manufactured by the same company, Kral. The SR's also have received mixed reviews.

I have no idea what they're worth or are selling for.

Strongly suggest you carefully read the reviews on this gun before making a purchase decision. One positive thing is that you'll be using it for hunting and not putting a lot of rounds through it.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: Tri Star Silver Hunter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

My wife has a Tristar Viper G2 auto, and it is made by Armsan. I do not know if the OU guns are made by the same people or not, but the auto is a nice looking auto for not much $$$. It is not going to last 200,000 rounds, but it does not need to. I don't expect a low priced auto to do much more than shoot a hundred rounds a month or so.