CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Savage Model 69 RXL
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:58 am 
Utility Grade

I have a chance to buya Savage Model 69 RXL Pump defensive shot gun. 7 rounds 18 1/4" barrel.

It is in excellent condition. The wood is 98% No scratches or ding's.
The metal and blueing have no scratches, and only a couple very small wear marks on the Mag tube. The internals look new, barrel bore looks spot less, and the rest of what I can see looks almost new.

I know savage is not the top of the line, but what are the pro's and Con's of this gun.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Tony Z

Post subject: Re: Savage Model 69 RXL
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

Tony Z,

I dont know a thing about the savage guns, but it isnt hard to tell if you have a good gun, or a piece of junk. with rifles its alot harder because some guns just dont group. but you dont have to worry about this with a shotgun. Just handle the gun, shoot it if you can, and if the price is good and you like the quality of the firearm get it. If its a pump see if there is play in the pump, and the bolt assembly etc.

good luck,
-Tim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:11 am 
Tournament Grade

is that the ugly gun they used in Nam? what type of money are we talking about?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:39 am 
Utility Grade

I no it was used by the State and local police. It also had limited use in the military, but weather it was back in nam, I don't no.
I saw Browning Auto-5 and Remington 11's but no savage's. This looks very similar to the rest of today's pump action shot guns.

Price $130.00 It fire's sweet and has a nice spread at 15'

Tony Z
This is a Vietnam era ShotGun is this the one your talking about? -The savage doesn't look anything like this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:27 pm 
Field Grade

I'VE HAD ONE OF THE RXL'S FOR ABOUT 10 YRS. MINE IS AN EX CHICAGO PD. IT'S DESIGNED TO THROW A WIDER PATTERN THAN YOU WOULD EXPECT.
FOR A LITTLE MORE INFO, TRY WWW.WAPAHANI.COM/SHOTGUN.HTML

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:17 pm 
Crown Grade

tonyz wrote:
I no it was used by the State and local police. It also had limited use in the military, but weather it was back in nam, I don't no.
I saw Browning Auto-5 and Remington 11's but no savage's. This looks very similar to the rest of today's pump action shot guns.

Price $130.00 It fire's sweet and has a nice spread at 15'

Tony Z
This is a Vietnam era ShotGun is this the one your talking about? -The savage doesn't look anything like this.

That looks like a Winchester 97 to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I am almost sure it is a win 97 with the trench attachment, they were used in WWII, Korea and Nam.

I just pick a picture of the trench shotguns to see if that is what TresRugers was referring too.

Tony Z