CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Universal Charge Bar B201 - Settings Chart
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone know of a settings chart for the B201 (orange Melamine) charge bar? I contacted the manufacturer and they told me it was an ancient bar and that there was no data for it. Maybe I shouldn't be so cheap and just fork out the $$ for the updated bar.

Post subject: Re: Universal Charge Bar B201 - Settings Chart
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Don't waste your time trying to scrounge one up--adjustable charge bar charts are even more worthless than bushing charts.

There's simply no substitute for a scale.

Here's the procedure:

1. adjust bar
2. weigh
3. repeat

Keep doing this until your drop is what you need. As far as I'm concerned, charge bars don't even need numbers on the dials.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 pm 
Field Grade

You know, I was tempted to just dive in like that. Thank-you for confirming my knee jerk reaction on how to handle the situation. So just setup a hole in the bar that looks like it will work and start throwing charges and measuring on a scale. Once I find what I want I guess maybe I'll see what numbers I happened to arrive at and write them down for my own records as a starting point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

you've got it.

Safe shooting,
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

That is what I do also. I tried to use the chart, it was worthless. I have a notebook I keep track of all my reloading in and I just jot down my charge bar settings in there.