CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help we shotgun make and value
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:06 am 
Utility Grade

Hi Guys
Been following this forum for a while and it a very good forum with alot of information
i have a shotgun that I carnt seam to figure out what make it is or what sort of value it is.
I have attached a few photos

above the FP there is Gardone V.T engraved

thank you for your time and help

alec

Post subject: Re: Help we shotgun make and value
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No idea for sure, but my gut feeling, having seen many similar, is that it's a 1970's import by Armsport. It's got the same look as the things they imported... which were made by a variety of manufacturers across Italy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm 
Crown Grade

I believe the "FP" cartouche to be the maker's mark for F. Pedretti , and the shotgun ( a very basic field grade) worth about $300.

"Gardone, V.T." is the historic Italian gunmaking area of Northern Italy, the Gardone Valley, in Val Trompia - a part of Brescia - a place long noted for a multitude of small, family firearms enterprise/collaborations, a few of which have today grown into huge conglomorates (Beretta, etc).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:51 pm 
Limited Edition

I believe it to be a F Pedretti. Various O/U, SxS and single barrel F Pedretti shotguns have been imported by RICHLAND ARMS CO, Armsport and the Navy Arms Company to mention just a few. Low end O/U probably not worth much at all.

You may very well have a "red headed stepchild" on your hands. :s

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.” J. Cooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 am 
Diamond Grade

The Breda reference on the barrels refers to the steel only, not the gun. It is a Pedretti, very common low cost shotgun in Europe. But, despite the low cost, these can be surprisingly tough and long lived guns. Especially so if they are the simple versions with double triggers and extractors. Note that the locking system, the transverese Kersten bolt is located high on the receiver, the theoretical best position for strength.

My cousin has one of these, has had for years, never cleans it, never had it serviced, and it still works despite the neglect and frequent abuse.