CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High Standard 20 ga
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 pm 
Utility Grade

My boss gave me an old high standard 20 guage pump the other day and all it has to identify it is "Field Classic" on the barrell.
What model is this and where can i get parts?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: High Standard 20 ga
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Numrich should have parts.

Great old guns, btw.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm 
Crown Grade

They call themselves Gun Parts Incorporated now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

High Standard made some of the best pumps - and worst autos - ever. The made a few good pistols too. I had a High Standard Sharpshooter with the NON-military grip angle and the polished blue finish and walnut thumbrest grips and it would shoot at least as good as any Woodsman I ever saw for beaucoups less money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

ljkofford;
High Standard was owned by Sears Roebuck & Co. The quality of their guns was quite good. When Sears dropped them they went out of business and another company eventually bought the name. As mentioned previously, Numerich (egunparts.com) has a lot of parts and they are very good to do business with.
Hope this Helps;
Chuck

CSM Certified Instructor
NSCA Level II Instructor
Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Although High Standard did manufacture several firearms for sale by Sears, in my research I can find no reference at all that they were ever owned, even in part, by Sears.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am 
Limited Edition

Virginian wrote:
Although High Standard did manufacture several firearms for sale by Sears, in my research I can find no reference at all that they were ever owned, even in part, by Sears.

That was my understanding as well. They made a whole bunch of pump police and riot shotguns back in the day that were of excellent quality and durability along with some field versions too. I own an early seventies short barreled prison riot 12 gauge that has the smoothest pump action I have ever felt. I can cycle a shell with just two fingers. Smooth as silk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am 
Tournament Grade

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=244976&hilit=higgins

sears just owned half the patent on the model 20 pump guns. and due to the contract high standard had with sear they were not allowed to sell guns to the public under their name, only thru sears. they did have other contracts the had with law enforcement at the time, but never with the public. around 1968 sears let the contract with high standard laps and went on to other manufactures. allowing high standard to sell gun s on there own, but by this time guns sales where poor because of new gun laws and no one had ever heard of "high standard" before because their guns where sold under a different name. they soon went belly up and were bought by another company. sad way to end

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:40 am 
Crown Grade

And they made more than a few good pistols. Trade almost any "original" High Standard pistol for ANY woodsman all day long. HS was, and still is, by many, the "gold standard" of .22 pistols.

SuperXOne wrote:
Obama doesn't lead, and he never has lead, and that's not his political style to lead, and that's not what community organizers do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm 
Utility Grade

If I am ordering parts do I use the k 200 model number?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

no, if you have a high standard 20 gauge pump then you have a a K2011. follow this link and it'll have all the parts you need.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Pro ... catid=8503

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you very much, Mine hase the vent rib barrell though. If that makes a difference in the model.