CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Replacement sights for my Ithaca Deerslayer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:19 pm 
Field Grade

I'm looking for advise on replacing the factory sights on my 12 gauge Ithaca Deerslayer. I've looked at the Williams Firesights and they seem OK but I'd like any suggestions on other sights combinations other Deerslayer owners may have used. I'm not interested in scoping my Ithaca. Any advise will be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Replacement sights for my Ithaca Deerslayer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 am 
Tournament Grade

On a couple of the extra Ithaca slug and turkey barrels I've picked up over the years, they've have Tru Glo and HiVis slug sights sets on them. They are fiber optic: rear - twin green; front-red. They are ok but I'm not raving about them (don't seem REAL rugged and sit very high). For the one slug barrel I do use with open sights (most of mine are now scoped), I changed out rear to a Marbles open sight with white triangle and use the front Ithaca Ray-bar sight.