CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Maxus Golden Sporting Clays???
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:46 pm 
Field Grade

I have a question for everyone shooting clays. Why don't I see Browning Maxus Sporting shotguns being used at the club? (and don't say "cuz berettas are the best") I am wanting to buy a Maxus Sporting clays and I know Maxus has gotten good reviews over the years so why isn't anyone shooting with them?

Post subject: Re: Browning Maxus Golden Sporting Clays???
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 pm 
Utility Grade

Picked up my Maxus Sporting over a year ago and shot at least 2,500 rounds through it. Just picked up another one being the new Golden Clays. 250 Rounds and not one hiccup!

I do see them around, but see more Beretta 391s and A400's lately. I don't really care what other people shoot, and enjoy shooting my Maxus.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:16 am 
Crown Grade

The Browning is an excellent gun...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 pm 
Field Grade

ya I appreciate that. I was going back and forth between the maxus and the a400. I am going with maxus strictly because it is prettier. I'm not pretending to be a professional shooter and to me half the fun is shooting beautiful guns.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

I shoot very light loads and my Maxus is much more reliable than my 391 for light 7/8th oz and 3/4 oz loads in the 12 ga.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 pm 
Crown Grade

ccso621 wrote:
Why don't I see Browning Maxus Sporting shotguns being used at the club?

Because unlike duck hunters, clay target shooters are, for the most part, traditionalists. That means most don't rush out and buy the "latest/greatest" gun to show up in the magazines.
It takes them a bit longer to warm up to a newly-introduced shotgun. Give 'em time....about 10 years?....and you'll see a few Maxus guns on the target fields.