CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: interesting 930 fail to feed issue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I've had my 930 for just under two years and just love the gun. Unfortunately this weekend I started having a problem that I figured others might find interesting.

This is a bone stock 930, 28" barrel, shooting 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 oz 7.5 bird shot. The gun probably has around 1000 shells through it prior to this weekend with no problems.

Failures started as follows: pull the trigger, round goes off, hull is extracted, no new shell released from tube, elevator rotates all of the way up and hangs on rear of shell stop, bolt gets released and the whole thing is jamed. Freeing it requires manually pulling the bolt back, reaching into the action and pushing the shell stop and allowing the elevator to drop. This was happening about 25% of the times I pulled the trigger until...

Failures shifted to as follows: pull the trigger, round goes off, hull is extracted, action finishes its motion except instead of the new shell being in the chamber its lying on the ground by my feet! :lol: Manually racking the action brings the third shell into the chamber, so its now effectively a bolt action shotgun with a two round mag :wink:

I called Mossberg this morning and Jose and I had a great chat. He's emailing me a shipping label so I can send it in at no cost. I'm sure its something simple...but the fact that its able to spit a shell out the bottom while its cycling its just...well, completely new to either of us.

Post subject: Re: interesting 930 fail to feed issue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have had the shell land on the ground out of the magazine before, way back in the early 70's with a Mossberg 500, but never with a SA, I am sure it will be fixed right up by Mossberg.

cdb

Post subject: Re: interesting 930 fail to feed issue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 am 
Utility Grade

I called Mossberg this morning and Jose and I had a great chat. He's emailing me a shipping label so I can send it in at no cost. I'm sure its something simple...but the fact that its able to spit a shell out the bottom while its cycling its just...well, completely new to either of us.