CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texan Loadmaster model D manual needed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello everyone,

My first post on this site. I am new to shotshell reloading.

As the title suggests a Texan Loadmaster model D manual is needed. I have been given this reloader with, I believe, all the parts for 12 and 20 guage. I have no experience reloading shotshell, however, I found a 12 gauge MEC for $20 at a garage sale and want to set the Loadmaster up for 20 guage.

I do reload for several sizes of rifle and pistol, and cast my own for them also, so reloading is not new to me. I look forward to shotshell reloading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slim1836

Post subject: Re: Texan Loadmaster model D manual needed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:31 pm 
Limited Edition

My advise is buy another mec. This reply would way to long and maybe to involved for most people. In the past I have had 3 mod Ds. Yes they load,very well BUT!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Field Grade,
You said the nasty word-"BUY". I cannot afford to do this at this point in time, just have to channel my money in other areas in order to survive. Times are rough. I already have the press and would like to use it. I just last week received a copy of the manual in the mail, however, some of the material (inset pictures) did not copy well enough to be of use. I am picking through it to gain what knowledge I can from it. I will hopefully be using it in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 pm 
Limited Edition

stevespages.com has manuals for a couple of Texan presses.

DC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:24 am 
Utility Grade

.45 Colt,

I saw that also, however, those are progressive presses, not the case with my model "D" which is single stage.

Thanks,

Slim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm 
Limited Edition

If your going to use this press then here are 2 things to remember. 1. make sure you put the first hull in all the way,otherwise you will miss the primer and jam the press. 2. There is a shot and powder levers to turn off and on. They turn off by them selves. I used sticky velcro to stop this.. Another final thought, always and I mean always finish the stroke of the handle even if you crush a hull.Its real easy to get a double powder charge. Be carefull

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm 
Limited Edition

slim1836 wrote:
.45 Colt,

I saw that also, however, those are progressive presses, not the case with my model "D" which is single stage.

Thanks,

Slim

Yeah, I should have looked up the "D" before I answered.

I don't have a source for a manual, but it looks to be real similar to a MEC. I know that MEC charge bars fit it, and pretty sure the MEC primer seating assembly is the same as the Texan. I'm thinking that maybe with a MEC 600jr manual -- available on MEC's website -- you could probably set up your press.

DC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm 
Utility Grade

.45 Colt,

I have a MEC 600jr also and the Loadmaster is far different from it.

If I understand it correctly, the hull goes into a cylinder and stays there until the final stage at which time it presses it out.

I have been out of town, just got back, and will try to look at the copy of the manual I got last week. Shame this copy is not very good and some things just don't show up.

Slim

Last edited by slim1836 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm 
Limited Edition

slim1836 wrote:
.45 Colt,

I have a MEC 600jr also and the Loadmaster is far different from it.

If I understand it correctly, the hull goes into a cylinder and stays there until the final stageat which time it presses it out.

I have been out of town, just got back, and will try to look at the copy of the manual I got last week. Shame this copy is not very good and some things just don't show up.

Slim

Daggone, that's an older one. MEC 250, Super 250 & MEC 400 used that arrangement. Not a bad set-up, really. I used the 250 for years with no problems. (The 400 is terrible, wad insertion at 2 different stations).

MEC manuals on their website. Don't know if they'd be any help or not.

DC