CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fitting Shotgun barrels to a IZH 94 Express
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 am 
Utility Grade

I've been interested in getting an IZH 94 (MP94) Express O/U rifle. As well as having the rifle barrel set, it would be useful if it could be fitted with a set of 12 gauge barrels of the type obtained from a MP27. Has anybody tried this and know if it can be done and what problems may be encountered?

Post subject: Re: Fitting Shotgun barrels to a IZH 94 Express
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

In Russia, they often come as a two-barrel set, and occasionally you'll see a three-barrel set: a double rifle, a combnation gun and a shotgun. I've heard of a 5-barrel set being ordered, with two shotgun sets, trap and skeet, and three with rifled barrels, dunno in which configuration. In fact it's a popular option, since by law you can own no more than 5 shotguns and 5 rifles at a time, and a multy-barrel set saves you space on the license. However, I don't think they come like this for export.

In theory, it is the same barrel block, and the barrels from a current (3" chambered) 27 should interchange with the barrels on a 94 and back. In practice, they do require minor hand-fitting occasionally. Outside Russia, I'd probably buy a 27 with a no-questions-asked return option, and take it and the 94 to a gunsmith, to see how it works.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks Humpty Dumpty. Strange as it may seem, Baikal denied they made the sets but said they could if a large batch was ordered. They also said that they would need special export permissions because they weren't the standard model. Thats one of the reasons why I decided that if I wanted a set I'd have to have it done myself.

While the 94 is based on the 27 I don't know if there were any minor changes which may have prevented them fitting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

Now wait a moment... are you saying, that you wrote the Izhmech company of Russia from outside Russia, (in English?) and actually got a reply? That would be the first such occasion reported at this forum (if I haven't missed anything)!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

i think you are mistaken bro
Baikal always responded on my Question and Queries
let me forward a very informative one to you just pm me your email address...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

OK, so I missed something.
But I often used to get complaints from forum members that they sent letters to IzhMech and got nothing in reply. Good to hear it's not like that (anymore?).
I failed to mention, also, that the multy-barrel sets are made to order only (however, in this country some shops actually order them and sell off the shelves).