CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ID/Value of Italian SxS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 am 
Field Grade

Hi all. I need a little help. I came across a 20 gauge SxS marked L Santina Bernardelli, made in Italy. Ser # 25xxx. Bottom of the bbl, under the forearm, marked "made in Italy" and "Boehler" along with various proof marks. The receiver is color case hardened. 2 triggers, with ejectors. Straight stock with very good figure.
I know there were several Bernardelli makers, but I can't find any values for this one.
If anyone has an idea of what this gun may be worth, or the model, or where I could find more info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Parrot

Post subject: Re: ID/Value of Italian SxS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

In the Blue Book of Gun Values under the heading BERNARDELLI, VINCENZO there is a passing mention of the name Santini Bernardelli. It's the only reference I could find for the name. The comment says that Vincenzo Bernadelli shotguns are made in Turkey and the company head quaters are located in Brescia,Italy. This might be where your gun came from and you might contact the company and see if they can tell you anything. The address is:
Vincenzo Bernardelli
Via Grandi 10
Torbole Casaglia
1-25030 Brescia, Italy
Fax: 011-39-030-215-0963
E-mail: bernardelli@bernardelli.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
Crown Grade

In view of the fact that previous enquiries about original V. Bernardelli models and production dates received a terse reply stating that the "new" company has no information regarding earlier production of V. Bernardelli guns, I doubt that the "new" firm will offer any assistance regarding the models of other Brenardelli firms.

You may wish to contact the Gardone V.T. Chamber of Commerce and enquire regarding the firm of L. Santina Bernardelli and its years of operation. Another source may be the Gardone Proof House: info@bancoprova.it.

Your best bet regarding value is to search the online auctions for sales of the same make and model in like condition.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the responses. In my research, I have found that there are 4 manufactures of bernardelli shotguns: Vincenzo, Pietro, Santini, and L. Santina. (these are all Italian manufactures until, I believe, around the late 80's, when the V. Bernardelli name was sold)

The most common found in the U. S. are the V. Bernardelli's. The others are much more obscure here in the states.

This particular gun dates to 1971 and carries all the appropriate Italian proof marks.