CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Krieghoff expert
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

Can anybody tell me if a K80 woodwork will fit on a K32 action also barrels , will K80 barrels fit on a K32,I realise it takes a bit of polishing but can it be done relatively easily .

Thanks

Gary

Post subject: Re: Krieghoff expert
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes and yes.

The model 32 wood will be inlet for a round backed trigger guard, whereas the trigger guard on the k80 is kinda an arrow shape, so the k80 trigger guard will need to be inlet to fit. Should be pretty straightforward.

The barrels will most likely be more work, and there can be some big issues if you have an early Model 32 (there were @ least 2 different hinge sizes on the Model 32). Fitting the barrels could be anywhere from extremely easy to insanely difficult, just depends on the individual action and barrels.

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thank you Ian, sounds like a project to stay away from.

Best Regards

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:19 pm 
Limited Edition

Sauer.270 wrote:
Thank you Ian, sounds like a project to stay away from.

Best Regards

Gary

Not really. Fact is, you can't just toss one set of barrels onto another gun. The problem is not the K-32/K80 deal; it is fitting barrels from one gun to another......

The exchange of wood from a 32 to an 80 is a very minor deal.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

But there are additional issues to be aware of when putting k80 barrels on a m32 or vice versa (such as the possibility of different size hinge pins),

kolarskeet@gmail.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Skeet_Man wrote:
But there are additional issues to be aware of when putting k80 barrels on a m32 or vice versa (such as the possibility of different size hinge pins),

There is no difference in trunion sizes between a Krieghoff Model 32 and a Krieghoff Model K80. Perhaps there is between a Remington Model 32 and a Krieghoff Model 32. That, I do not know.....

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

From what I've read, there are 2 sizes within the Model 32 Krieghoff.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm 
Limited Edition

I believe what you might be referring to is the "repair" trunions, which are larger than the standard 32/80 trunions. The proper way to rebuild barrels which are off face is to bore the screw slots and solder in a shim to bring each pocket back to standard. However, as an economy form of service to bring a barrel back on face, KI offers the larger trunions in conjunction with enlarged screw slots on the monoblocs. It is cheaper, but the barrels will no longer be interchangable with other receivers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No, I'm talking about 2 different "standard' sizes being used. I've seen this referenced on more than one occasion. What I read was that the earliest Krieghoff 32 receivers used a smaller diameter trunnion.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
Limited Edition

Skeet_Man wrote:
No, I'm talking about 2 different "standard' sizes being used. I've seen this referenced on more than one occasion. What I read was that the earliest Krieghoff 32 receivers used a smaller diameter trunnion.

Well, you have put me on to something with that news. "Live and learn." That's my motto. Thanks. I'll check it out...... Mike