CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens 320. HELP!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 pm 
Field Grade

I just bought my first shotgun, Savage/Stevens 320 security with bead sight. No solid info on after market parts can be found. I even called Stevens and they couldnt tell me what parts will fit! Ive read on the net that Winchester 1300 parts may fit but no one is for sure. All I want to change is the forend, its way too big and I dont want to cut on it. Can anyone help? Hogue maybe?

Post subject: Re: Stevens 320. HELP!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am 
Utility Grade

i just replaced my forend, good luck man, it took me 3 different forened wrenches to find one that fit, then it was the fight of my life to get the nut off, the forend i bought was for a 1300, i had to modify it alot to make it fit just right, as for the gun itself, is awesome, shot over 150 rounds through it so far and only one hiccup, and that was user error, very accurate tight pattern, i also have a heat shield , had to modify for a good fit as well, mag tube extender fits beautifully.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:06 pm 
Field Grade

thanks for the reply man but ive since returned the gun to savage for a refund. the first gun broke at the action arms after two shots. I returned it to savage and six weeks later i got the replacement gun. It broke after a dozen or so shots of target loads. The threads on the magazine tube were sent STRIPPED and glued half-assed in place. So after the glue broke after a few shots the mag wouldnt stay seated and would pop out after every shot. Ive never been so disgusted in my whole life! I bought the first gun in early october and im still waiting for my refund. Savage has been totally rude and has finally approved the refund. any day now?¿?¿ Ive since bought a Benelli Nova and put at least 3000 rounds through it- high and low brass from 2 3/4 - 3 1/2s without a single problem. Thanks anyway man- good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm 
Utility Grade

What a shame musta got a good one here, i hope everything is ok with mine after the abuse i give it, nice benelli though wish i could afford me a jewel like that