CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Accutip ballistics question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm 
Field Grade

I have a 12 gauge Remington 870 Magnum that I bought a Remington cantilever scope mount rifled slug barrel combo with a "Remington" marked scope mounted to it. I have used Remington Accutip 2 3/4" 12 gauge slugs with this setup and really like them, they have been devastating on all the deer that I have shot with them.

However, I have never really shot them past 50 yards. I know that they are accurate enough to shoot at a greater distance, but the Accutips are too expensive to just blast willy-nilly trying to learn the ballistics curve of them.

If I do not want the slug to go above 4" from zero, how far out will the slug drop to 4" below zero. Also, at what range do I need to zero this set up.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Remington Accutip ballistics question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 am 
Field Grade

Sighted in 4" high at 100 yards, you would be about 1.5" low at 175 yards and 6" low at 200. If you can accurately make the shot I would say 200 yards is the max distance, aim at the top of the back. Or 1.5" high at 75 yards will be about 3.5" low at 150 yards so you can just point and shoot.

Post subject: Re: Remington Accutip ballistics question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am 
Field Grade

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.