CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 Perazzi Q's
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am in the market for a new sporting clays gun and have narrowed my choices down to either a Perazzi or a Zoli. Couple questions:

1) What are the advantages/disadvantages of the MX8 triggers v. the MX12 triggers? I know that one is removable and the other has coils, but any opinions on one v. the other?

2) Comparing the build and performance of the Perazzi and the new Zoli model, what would be the pros and cons? They both appear to share the same lock-up and I have heard the Zoli described as "Perazzi-like" in terms of handling. I have demo'd the Zoli and liked it, but have only fired about a half-dozen rounds through a Perazzi that did not come close to fitting me so it was not the best evaluation.

Thanks for any and all input, particularly for those who have shot and handled both.

Much obliged.

Steve

Post subject: Re: 2 Perazzi Q's
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

MX 8 triggers are drop out , and have either leaf or coli spring. The coil spring is more costly.

The difference is too subtle for me to feel. All my Perazzi's have had leaf springs. Even w/ over 60k shells thru them I have had only one break.

The MX 12's tend to be lighter when they come here. Weight , or least approximate weight, can be ordered when ordering a new gun. MX 12's have a barrel selector on the top , incorporated in the safety.....MX 8's come w/ or w/out selectors and these are inside the trigger guard.

I have had the chance to play around w/ 2 Zolis. They are nice guns , but I would never trade my Perazzi for one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Perazzi built their reputation as a competition shotgun maker, mostly for Olympic shooting sports, and the drop out trigger design was done to allow a competitor to change or repair a trigger group or trigger spring in a matter of minutes and be able to continue using the same gun and not have to have a back-up gun or to borrow a friends gun.

They charge more for them and it's questionable as to weather you need the capability to change your trigger group, while in a competition, but most Perazzi loyalist prefer the drop out trigger group guns, myself included, even though I've never had to use my spare trigger group during a shoot.

Fixed trigger guns are usually a little lighter, but not enough to make any real difference. It's the ability to keep on shooting during a competition that is the real reason for the drop out trigger option or design.

As to Zoli or Perazzi that is like asking if you would like to drive a Fiat or a Ferarri. Nothing wrong with the Fiat but that Ferarri is such a nice handling machine and so well made how could you not want to drive one, at least once in your life. JMO

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

NSCA #501815 (Life Member)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Two Perazzi shooters shoot fixed trigger guns , George Digweed & Kim Rhode.

My friends are split about 80/20 in favor of the dropout triggers.

I have had to change out the trigger group while at a shoot only once in all these years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 pm 
Crown Grade

My current (2) P-guns are fixed trigger and the one I'm getting will be drop out and could care less which is which as they are still P-guns-"The best of the best" and all this said with 2 Zoli's sitting in the gun case! Zoli's are really great guns - They just ain't P-guns!