CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antonio Zoli Value
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:43 pm 
Utility Grade

I found an Antonio Zoli o/u for $360. It is a 12 ga., 28". One barrel is modified and one is full. It has double triggers and a case hardened receiver. It was imported by American Imports (so noted on the barrel) and the serial # is 79949.

Any advice would be appreciated in regard to value and quality of this gun. Is it worth the money? Would it be a good gun for a beginner like me who is interested in trap and upland hunting?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Antonio Zoli Value
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:51 pm 
Utility Grade

By the way, the gun is in about 90% condition.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:55 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

It's probably worth the money, Which model it is, would determine how much of a bargain you're getting. Antonio Zoli made about a dozen different O/U models. Cheers.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:11 am 
Presentation Grade

Any O/U in sound condition from a decent maker is worth this kind of money.
Italiansport

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You didn't mention condition, and condition is everything in determining value. All the Antonio Zoli O/U's I see listed in the Blue Book are worth more than that if they are in better than 70% condition.

Are you sure it is an Antonio Zoli and not an Angelo Zoli? There is a lot of confusion between the two, but Angelo Zolis are not worth as much as Antonios.

All the Antonios I see listed have single triggers, but anything is possible. Double triggers will hurt the value of an O/U, and that may be why the price seems to be low. Some of the Angelo Z models do have double triggers.

I don't see American Imports listed as an importer of either Antonio or Angelo. Antonio Z were imported (at different times) by Cape Outfitters, European American Armory, and Antonio Zoli USA. Angelo Z were imported by Angelo Zoli USA.

Be careful. It is possible - even likely - that the guy who is selling that gun sees an A. Zoli mark on it and assumes it is by Antonio. He may never have heard of Angelo, or he may be hoping that YOU have never heard of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here is another guy who says he has an Antonio Zoli that was imported by American Imports of San Francisco.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=26892

That guy is certain his is an Antonio Z not an Angelo Z, and he has even corresponded with the manufacturer in Italy. I doubt that the same company ever imported both Zoli brands, so yours is probably an Antonio Z as well.

He gives a model name of Golden Eagle for his gun, and that is not listed in the Blue Book at all, so obviously the book is not complete. His Golden Eagle model and your double trigger model are probably both too old or too rare to be listed in the book.

From that I conclude that if it had a single trigger the gun you are looking at would be a good deal at $360 if it is in good condition. With double triggers, all bets are off.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:11 pm 
Utility Grade

It is an Antonio Zoli. It is marked as such on the barrel, receiver, and buttplate. It is in probably 90-95% condition. It is a Gray Eagle model. It does have the double triggers. Does this help?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Blue Book does not list a Grey Eagle model. My guess is that it is a very early gun. The book says the company was established in 1945.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Value I don't know. The question is, is it a good gun for trap and upland hunting. I would prefer a gun with screw in chokes if I was trying to do both with one gun. I don't think this is the gun you need. If the gun works well and fits, then it is worth the price. Book value is sorta irrevelant, I think, in finding a decent shooter at a fairly cheap price.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Crockett,

I'm the other guy with the Zoli. Mine does have Golden Eagle stamped in the bottom of the receiver. It has a single trigger and originally had full/full barrels.It's had Briley thin chokes installed now. If yours is as light as mine,go ahead and get yourself a good recoil pad. This shotgun is pretty uncomfortable to shoot trap and skeet with because of recoil. I've yet to hunt with it but will take care of that real soon. Its weight should make for a comfortable carry while chasing my beagles this year. I had just acquired mine when the spring for the bottom barrel broke. After checking around I found an address for Zoli. They never said how old mine is but said"with a gun of this age" ,so it must have some years on it. Enjoy it!!

Hwd

My Marine kicked cancer's a$$!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I have an Antonio Zoli,Gardone V.T. Silver Snipe 12ga OU
Serial #61935 Distributed by Eagle ARms NY. While trying to determine the value I found the following..
From the 15th Edition of Fjestad's Blue book of Gun Values 2002. Last made 1987. Last mfg's price $739.00
Book prices = 100% $675, 60% $350. This gun is 70%+ What is the current value?? Chas.[/b]