CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hemingway shotgun "Hemenway"
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Did hemingway make a 10 gauge side by side shotgun? I do not have the gun, but a friend of mine bought it at an estate sale two days ago. My email is red.duke@cox.net.
Update to my original message: I have mis-spelled Hemingway. I think it is "HEMENWAY New model". I have photos but do not know how to uplosd them to this site. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited by redduke on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hemingway shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm 
Utility Grade

Hemingway shotgun; He had three sons. They created an LTD company in 1992 in which they could use his name on items for sale. One of these was a shootgun. I don't know the gauge of it but i will keep looking. Later Yall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'd suggest posting your question in the "Shotgun ID & Value" forum....that is where the folks that know such things hang........

I'd suggest further, If you already haven't, that you read the "New Posters Read" forum/thread located at the top of the page above the "Shotgun General" forum and then maybe also the stickies at the top of the various forums.......

Welcome to Shotgunworld..........Art

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 pm 
Crown Grade

I hate it when a correspondent does not have the gun in hand to answer questions about it and the markings. Did you ever play the kids game where you line ten kids up and tell the first one something and have him/her tell it to the next and on down the line and so on and see what comes out at the end. Same thing here I looked in three reference books and found nothing on a HEMINGWAY (Ernest, the writer ?) shotgun. That's not unexpected because if there were shotguns with this name, there would be so few that they wouldn't be listed. On the other hand I did find a listing for a HENENWAY COMPLETE GUN, a "Trade Brand Name" shotgun. Please get back in contact with your friend and get full information on the gun, what are the exact markings *no additions, no contractions, no mis-spelling, just as they appear on the gun. And capitalize the marking, please.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere a long time ago about shotguns that were marked Hemingway. I don't know who they were made by and I'm not about to spend hours searching again. But yes, they would have been in a limited number.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm 
Utility Grade

I may be totally off the mark here, but for what it's worth, might this be the Bernardelli Hemingway? Not sure if those come in 10 gauge though...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:00 pm 
Limited Edition

I know Hemingway tested one on himself. :-o

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am 
Crown Grade

Thank you eg1988. Found it in the Standard Catalog of Firearms under Vincenzo Bernardelli. Described as double barrel shotgun.
HENINGWAY Same as above (ELIO E Model) with coin finished receiver, engraved with hunting scenes, 23.5 inch barrels, double or single trigger and a select checkered walnut stock. Available in 12,20 and 28 gauges.
Value:
NIB-$1,750 Excellant -$1,350., Very good-$900, Good-$700, Fair-$400 and Poor-$250.
There is also a HEMINGWAY DELUXE listed. Same as above but with full side plates.
Values:
NIB-$2,250, Excellant-$1,750, Very good-$1,200, Good=$800, Fair-$400 and Poor-$250.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am 
Utility Grade

Glad I could help, then. :)

Post subject: Re: Hemingway shotgun "Hemenway"
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:45 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks to ned fall he got it right. I have uploaded photos under redduke. Look and see if anyone can give me an idea what this gun is worth. Thanks to all.