CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning gold deer hunter???
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:43 pm 
Utility Grade

I have recently purchased a browning gold deer hunter and i was wondering wht kind of accuacey and what type of slugs people are using...

Post subject: Re: Browning gold deer hunter???
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:58 pm 
Limited Edition

cam82 wrote:
I have recently purchased a browning gold deer hunter and i was wondering wht kind of accuacey and what type of slugs people are using...

I just recently bought a Browning Gold semi-auto in 20 gauge rifled slug barrel. The dealer informed me that the best load is Winchester Partition Gold ammo. I've yet to fire my Browning Gold as I just got it and there is little time to mount a scope on it and sight it in before our Deer Season. The Dealer reported that many guys that purchased this Browning are VERY PLEASED with it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 pm 
I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. When I first got it, I tried several types of slugs through it. Far and away, Winchester Platinum tips and the Partition Golds were the most accurate. A close second when to lightfield sabots. Remingtons and Hornadays did not shoot well at all as I never could get them to group.....there was always at least one flyer way outside the others.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:22 am 
I am looking at buying a Gold 20 ga slug gun. I have been using a 12 ga Rem 1100 with a hastings barrel and it is just to heavy for me to trudge up and down the hills we hunt. The browning feels so nice when I looked at it in the store. So much lighter and so pretty. How does it shoot and is it worth the money? Only being 23 years old it is a lot of money to spend on a shotgun, but I would really like to get something to last me a long time that I really enjoy shooting. Is the browning gold that kind of gun?

Thanks for the help and advice guys, I haven't really ever had problems grouping my slugs with the 1100, is it really an issue with the gold?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:49 am 
Does anyone answer these forums or help a guy out? No interest in deer hunting with shotguns or what?

I would really like to talk to someone about the gold deer hunter before I go and drop all that money on one. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:32 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Rem 20ga pump that is one of the most accurate slug guns I have ever shot. Light accurate and easy to clean and maintain. what else could you ask for. The range is 150 plus as well. I have sighted her in at 100 yds and very close. I often wonder how far I could actually drop a deer. Someday I will find out but I have shot out to 150 and its deadly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:25 pm 

Chode, The Gold is a gun that will last your lifetime and then some.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:11 am 
Thanks for the encouragement. I am very excited to go out and buy one. We just finished the deer season up here in MN and my 1100 is just too much gun to carry around. Hopefully I will be able to find a good deal on the gold, what should I expect to pay for it? The browning website says 1,131, where as many webistes have it listed at 899.00. Should I be able to get it cheaper than that?