CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Sporter coming: Devault Industries
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm 
Crown Grade

DeVault Industries is located in Canton, OH. In the past they have built a single barrel trap gun. The line is being expanded to include and over under. I've been to the shop and they don't make junk! Dennis and the crew are downright fussy about any of their work.

It won't be a featherweight. Dennis and crew build them like tanks, target guns for the long haul. It is a proprietary design. The heck- for-stout stainless receiver has sideplates. The barrels are drilled by a company that deals in the aerospace industry. They bore really straight holes.

No heat is used to attached the barrels to the monoblock or ribs to the barrel. An adhesive, the same one used on 16" naval guns and used to "glue" together FA18's, is used. The lack of heat means that , when combined with the concentricity of the barrels, DeVault guarantees POI to ridiculous constraints: 2 inches vertically and 1 horizontally.

The barrels feature .740 bores, long forcing cones, Briley thinwalls, adjustable ribs and lengths from 30-33".

Stocks will be custom built to dimension from high-grade Turkish or English. Adjustable combs are standard. Included in the price is a fitting with Dennis DeVault. The man knows what he's doing!

Of course, the price is too high for me, but quite within the range of a K or P gun. Regular price with be $13,800. Limited pre-order pricing is $11,800. No money is required until the gun is in production.

Dennis has is well-known in trap shooting circles. He builds Bill McGuire's stocks. He's the god-father of any of the high-ribbed guns you see on the market. His single-shot trap guns are noted for the durability and reliabilty.

Cataract surgery, a knee replacement and no money are the only things standing between me and one of these guns. I wouldn't hesitate if I could do it. You can get more info at: www.devaultind.com

Post subject: Re: New Sporter coming: Devault Industries
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 pm 
Crown Grade

TTT