CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester, Trap Shooting Hall Of Fame shot gun.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:00 pm 
Utility Grade

I own a two barrel set, Winchester Trap Shooting Hall of Fame shot gun complete with the box it came in. The barrel set contains one single barrel and an over and under barrel. Although it has been shot it is in exccllent condition. It has a gold trigger, adjustible stock and has been factory ported. It has several choke barrels. I read a earlier entry on this forum about a similar gun that was NIB and the opinion was that it may have been worth $3300 to $3600 depending on grade. My question is how do you determine the grade and what is the valule of my gun.

Post subject: Re: Winchester, Trap Shooting Hall Of Fame shot gun.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 am 
Crown Grade

Could you give just a bit more information on the gun like what model it is and when it was purchased? I looked in the Blue Book under Winchester Commemoratives which are all rifles and the gun may be too new to have made it into my copy which is three years old.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am 
Crown Grade

The 33 edition shows nothing like that in a trap gun ,the only other thing close to that with the options
that the op says, are in the sporting grade guns category.Could have been a special order gun?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 am 
Utility Grade

blutes wrote:
I own a two barrel set, Winchester Trap Shooting Hall of Fame shot gun complete with the box it came in. The barrel set contains one single barrel and an over and under barrel. Although it has been shot it is in exccllent condition. It has a gold trigger, adjustible stock and has been factory ported. It has several choke barrels. I read a earlier entry on this forum about a similar gun that was NIB and the opinion was that it may have been worth $3300 to $3600 depending on grade. My question is how do you determine the grade and what is the valule of my gun.

If there is a model number on this gun I can't find it. On the bottom of the receiver it has "ATA" and on the left hand side of the receiver it has, "Trapshooting Hall Of Fame" with another "ATA". It has a diamond inlaid into the bottom of the grip of the walnut burl stock.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thr ... Messages=7

Richard Baxter (1615-1691), Directions Against Covetousness
"Be more careful to use what you have, than to get more."

Kingsley Brown "Shoot more, shop less."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Crown Grade

The 101 trap gun combo,does seem to fit the op's posting,vs the sporting combo?,according to the info,provided by Tournament Grade,especially the diamond grade Info.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Gentlemen (and ladies). Got interested in this one and looked through several books looking for this particular gun. While many Winchester commemorative rifles are listed, there is no information I could find on shotguns. If the gun is a special Model 101 as mentioned there is nothing in the reference books I have. There may have been too few guns made to make it into the reference books. I suggest the correspondent contact the Winchester-U.S. REPEATING ARMS CO as they are now known for information and let the rest of us know what he finds out. The point of contact is:
Winchester-U.S. Repeating Arms
Administrative Officesfor275 Winchester Avenue
Morgan,Utah 84050-9333
Tel: 800-333-3288
Fax: 801-876-3737
There is a special address for Models 101 and 23 only. That is:
Winchester/Olin
Attn: Shotgun Customer Service
427 N. Shamrock Street
East Alton, IL 62024
Fax: 618-258 3393

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 pm 
Utility Grade

blutes wrote:
blutes wrote:

If there is a model number on this gun I can't find it. On the bottom of the receiver it has "ATA" and on the left hand side of the receiver it has, "Trapshooting Hall Of Fame" with another "ATA". It has a diamond inlaid into the bottom of the grip of the walnut burl stock.

I called Winchester and talked to one of their historians and he identified this gun as a model 101, black diamond, single and over and under trap gun. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by blutes on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Thank you for the information. They said nothing about a special series or commemoratives?