CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sporting Clay Shooting Glasses
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm 
Field Grade

I am looking for a high end pair of shooting glasses for sporting clays and skeet. I'm not too worried about the budget. I have been looking at the pilla's (3 lens kit). What have been your experiences and who are the best to deal with as far as price and customer service. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Sporting Clay Shooting Glasses
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Randolph Engineering Ranger

www.randolphusa.com

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm 
Crown Grade

I like Post Four. Mike has been great to deal with and he's a shooter. One's preference may well be dictated by which ever frames fit best, so one man's pleasure can be another man's "pain".
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have a pair of Oakley Radar Pitch that I'm planning to sell if you're interested in them.There's nothing at all wrong with them and I'm only selling them because I have to change over to prescription lenses.They have 5 different lens colors.

I have 2 other pair of Oakleys that I'm going to have the prescription lenses made for...4 pair of Oakleys total if that's any indication of how much I like them.

Maltz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm 
Field Grade

I'm really leaning towards the pillas. Are there any recommended dealers?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wouldn't go with the Pillas. One of my friends ordered one direct (on their website) and the box said .... made in China. They say they're not but that's where it got shipped from to Pilla and then to my shooting buddy.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

There is or was a pair of essentially unused Pilla Panther no posts with three lenses for sale on trapshooters.com. I have this model and am very happy with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 pm 
Field Grade

Pilla best

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Pilla

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

I started shooting with Decot Hy-Wyd glasses, then went to the Oakley M-frames. 2 years ago with my vision deteriorating, I searched around and found the Pilla Panther where you can have prescription eye glasses and variable lens on one frame. As my eyes change I only have to replace the prescription lens and not all of the other expensive color lens. I am very happy with them and recommend them

Kreighoff K80 Parcours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:40 pm 
Field Grade

Where are you buying the pilla's and who has the best deals?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Did you check out the ones on trapshooters.com? Probably your best deal in the near term.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had a set of Ranger Edges and loved them. And then wanted a lens with more coverage, and I tried out a friend's pair of Pila Panthers. Short story is I immediately ordered a set, and after working with the company direct sales team, went with the Outlaw X post in Max Orange 40, 65 and 80 for clays, as well as the ballistic 25-60 variable for hunting. I know it sounds ridiculous, but with the MO lenses I can honestly see the targets so much more clearly it almost feels like cheating. I am not overly light sensitive, so use the 65's for most, 40's for really bright/clear, and 80's for dim.

617422, I like K guns

~~ "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 pm 
Field Grade

I recently purchased the new Panther Post X VIVX. I have owned all of the name glasses and these are far and away the best for my eyes. Perfect vision and zero eye strain. Good Luck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 pm 
Field Grade

JacksBack wrote:
I had a set of Ranger Edges and loved them. And then wanted a lens with more coverage, and I tried out a friend's pair of Pila Panthers. Short story is I immediately ordered a set, and after working with the company direct sales team, went with the Outlaw X post in Max Orange 40, 65 and 80 for clays, as well as the ballistic 25-60 variable for hunting. I know it sounds ridiculous, but with the MO lenses I can honestly see the targets so much more clearly it almost feels like cheating. I am not overly light sensitive, so use the 65's for most, 40's for really bright/clear, and 80's for dim.

I must be looking at different information. I can't even find the lens combinations you are talking about. The orange max kit is 22, 38, and 62.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They've changed the website up a bit since I ordered. I suspect those are just more exact transmission ratings of what were listed as 25, 40 and 65 when I ordered. I basically swapped out the really dark 25 for the pale 80. If you call the direct sales force, you should be able to get ANY 3 of the Max Orange lenses you want for the 3-lens kit price ;)

617422, I like K guns

~~ "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Best site hands down

Www.shooterseyes.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 am 
Tournament Grade

jciii wrote:
Best site hands down

http://Www.shooterseyes.com

Linkey no workey???

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm 
Crown Grade

This is it I think ....http://shop.shootereyes.com/ Hard work to negotiate and get solid info on prescription lenses though.

Eug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought them directly from Pilla's website.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."