CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Left-handed Youth Models
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:13 pm 

Recently came to the realization that although he is right handed, my son is left eye dominant. Who makes makes left eject pumps and autos in a youth model?

Post subject: Re: Left-handed Youth Models
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:06 am 
Presentation Grade

It depends, if your son is using the gun to hunt then it won't really matter about the shells ejecting next to his face, but if he's shooting in competitions it will because he'll get distracted and possibly miss the 2nd bird.....if he's hunting let him use the same gun....if he's in tournaments, get him a new one. I'm pretty sure Beretta makes one

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:25 pm 

He's just getting started, Beretta. Hunter safety within the last month and will start 4-H shooting sports in the spring. As a beginning shooter, he must choose between 22 rifle and trap for 4-H; he can do both after a year.

I will need to buy him a shotgun for hunting/shooting sports whether he starts in trap or not and may as well find a left-handed model.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:56 pm 
Limited Edition

As a lefty, I used to use right handed firearms with no problum, for skeet, trap and hunting. As I got older, I whitnessed a Remington 1100 12 gauge explode for no reason on the skeet field. Though my friend was unhurt, If a lefty was shooting it, they would have been in trouble. In my opinion, I would try using a shotgun that is either left-handed, or left hand friendly. All Browning BPS shotguns as well as Ithaca pumps fill that order. Over and unders can be used by both, and Remington still makes a few left handed models, 870, 1187. Also you can sometimes find used Remington skeet and trap guns left handed (1100, 870 both 12 and 20 gauge) cheap as they are not popular with right haned shooters.

Me, I shoot skeet with a Left-handed Remington 1187 and picked up a 26 in target barrel from numrich arms in New York for $60.00 brand new.