CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A300 Outlander Sight Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am 
Utility Grade

I am leaning towards picking up a Beretta A 300 Outlander soon. This will be my first Beretta. I have a question on the front sight. From what I have seen it is a bead sight. I would want to replace it with some sort of fiber optic sight. How hard is it to replace? I have never done this before, does it simply screw out. Anything else I should know about the A 300? Also does anybody know when the wood version is coming out? Thanks guys

Post subject: Re: A300 Outlander Sight Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 pm 
Limited Edition

On the UK versions the front sight is a bead and unscrews. I know because mine fell out and I replaced it with another bead.

One with a 2.6mm thread fitted.

Vic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks Vic. Another member sent me a private message and confirmed they unscrew. I had a red bar fiber optic on my Benelii Nova and would like to do something similar with the A300.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

SMOKEEATERFF wrote:
Thanks Vic. Another member sent me a private message and confirmed they unscrew. I had a red bar fiber optic on my Benelii Nova and would like to do something similar with the A300.

Let me know what you use and what you buy to replace the front bead ... I have thought about a red dot sight but not sure ... figure if it screw in and out it would cool to try and if I don;t like it it should be easy to put the old bead back in.

If you can update this thread after you make your choice and purchase that would great ... thanks. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am 
Tournament Grade

SMOKEEATERFF wrote:

Did you ever use anything different?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Has anyone performed this swap out yet? I am looking to purchase this gun in the next few months

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Utility Grade

has anyone done the swap?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 am 
Field Grade

I highly advise against getting any kind of fiber-optic sight. When shooting moving targets, you should be watching your target with almost 100% of your concentration. When you add a bright bead on the end of the barrel, your eyes are subconsciously drawn away from the target, and towards the bright thing on the end of your gun. This causes you to subconsciously stop or slow the swing of the gun, which is going to cause you to miss.
I know this is an old thread, but the wood version has been available for a few months now here in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am 
Field Grade

Yes, the bead in screws, and it is the 2.6mm threads. I've changed mine twice now trying to settle on one I like.

So far I have a small tru glo bead in and so far I haven't felt the need to try another one.

I did put a small amount of blue lock tite on both of the new beads during install to make surethey didn't move, I didn't have any trouble backing the first one out when I changed it out. I used a small set of vises grips to turn it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 am 
Utility Grade

thank you for the reply, and i apologize for the double post.. i have a habit of not looking at the bead and following the clay.. so, i was thinking that the bright bead would help keep my eye down the rail and on target.. rather than looking above the gun and anticipating the shot.. idk.. maybe im weird but it seems like i miss a lot of easy ones and get others.. (granted i am just getting my feet wet and am hooked thus far)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

jlash996 wrote:
i have a habit of not looking at the bead and following the clay..

That's a very good habit to have. You need to focus on the bird, and not the bead as others above have said.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

If you are doing it "right" you shouldn't notice if you even have a bead let alone what color it is.