CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems breaking O/U shotgun after firing both barrels.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:29 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi guys, first post here and looking for some advice.

I have a Browning B26, had it about 6 months and have had a continuous problem with it. After firing just one barrel (either one, doesn't seem to matter) the gun breaks fine. However, after firing both barrels the gun can be extremely difficult to break. But its completely random, it can go through 50 rounds before it happens or it can happen with the first 2 rounds. When I finally mange to break it, the cartridges eject fine and after firing the next 2 rounds its fine again?

So yesterday I removed the action and tried to strip it down. I used the amazingly helpful guide that is a sticky on this board. I know my gun was slightly different so I did get stuck when I was trying to remove the hammers. So I cleaned as much as I could and oiled it up and put it back together. I dry fired it and its still a problem, I'm running out of ideas so I was wondering if you guys knew how to remove the hammers on a B26/B27 or what could be causing this problem and how I could fix it?

Cheers guys.