CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 410 choke tubes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone make chokes for the 410's??? I just picked up one and thought I might get some extras. I find lots of 20 and 12 ga listed but no 410 or 28.

Thanks in advance
Jimmie

Post subject: Re: 410 choke tubes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm 
Limited Edition

Try emailing the factory. They will probably sell you an extra set pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks, I didn't think of that :s

Honestly I would rather have extended tubes but its not looking too good on that search.

I like the gun so far, it's a lot better quality than the other "cheapos"I tried out at the ranges that's for sure. I'm pretty impressed so far! I would recommend it to my friends.

Has anyone replaced the front bead on theirs? Are they pressed in or threaded? I know I could just try and screw it out but I don't have the items on hand right now to put a new bead in, it would be a great help to know before hand.

I set a goal of killing a turkey with mine come April. It patterns well enough to get it done judging from my testing. I might even up my loader and run some custom loads for it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hi Mojo, and Congrats on that 410 {hs#

:( Sadly :( , choke tubes for the 28 and 410 appear to be non existant for now. Hopefully someone will have them in the future.

The sight bead is threaded into the rib, and is size M 3 X 0.5. Use a heat gun to slightly warm the original brass bead and the surrounding rib area before attempting to remove it. Also, be sure to use a temporary thread locker, such as blue locktite, or the like, on the shaft of the replacement bead.

Take care and happy shooting 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am 
Field Grade

Tanks Y-hound!!!

I'll get up to looking for a bead today!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

I think I read somewhere that Yildiz uses Benelli Mobil choke tubes. If that's the case shouldn't you be able to buy them from anyone that sells Benelli chokes? Of course they may not carry them as most manufacturers do not design their 410's for removable chokes. That's one of the things that drew me to Yildiz. Other than them Browning was the only one I found that made 410s with removable chokes.

Last edited by papajohn on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm 
Field Grade

Have you checked on Carlsons website?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Field Grade

I checked the Carlson's, Briley and Colonial sites. I saw listing for only 20 and 12 ga compatible for Yildiz's.

Mobile chokes??? I have a full set in 12 and 20 for my sporting guns. I know they are quite a popular thread pattern for European manufactures to use, guess it makes sense. I'll look into finding some of the 410's if they are even made.

Y- hound, I stopped by my local gun shop today and got me a fiber optic front bead and installed it, looks good and I like it better than the brass bead. Thanks for the info!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 am 
Diamond Grade

No problem mojo, glad it worked out well :D

Just an FYI, the Yildiz chokes are unique, the Mobil chokes will not fit them. Their description of Mobil choke is misleading, and I'm not sure why they say they will take them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:37 am 
Field Grade

I compared my mobile choke thread layout and patterns with my 410 choke, sure doesn't look like it would work. Sooner or later someone will make some aftermarket chokes for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

It's my understanding that if you send an existing choke tube to Briley's they can reproduce in in any constriction you want. Of course if you have them make a complete set you may have more invested in chokes than in the shotgun. Might be worth a call to them to see what the cost would be.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I contacted Briley. Send a sample and $80 ea IIRC...