CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fausti Shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anyone own a Fausti shotgun made for the Connecticut distributor "Traditions" or Cabelas?
This would have been prior to the management change to the three 'babes' who now run the company. My main concerns are about quality (or the lack of quality). I recently purchased
A 12ga O/U made for Cabelas....it had several issues and I returned it for refund to the seller.

Post subject: Re: Fausti Shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Fausti shotguns are made to several "price points" for the importers. The ones we see here in the US are generally in the "low end" guns.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 pm 
Crown Grade

Exactly what BobK said. The Euro guns are superb! The last guns to my knowledge that were available to the US market were the Weatherby O/U line. But sadly, Weatherby decided to dump their line of premium shotguns. Now we're left with just Weatherby Turkey(s), if ya get my drift...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Actually, Fausti has brought the Euro quality guns to the US under their own name, finally. They offer some gorgeous stuff.

http://faustiusa.com/

The guns imported in the past were "price point" guns, as others have said. They're available for relatively cheap, because they ARE relatively cheap.

The new Fausti Stefano-branded offerings (well, new to the US) are very nice guns. They're also comparable in price to the Berettas, Guerinis, AyAs, etc. with which they compete. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 am 
Field Grade

I recently bought a Fausti DEA SL 20 ga. made specifically for Cabelas. I have read posts here that are pretty critcal of this gun. I either scored an "exceptional mutant" or we have some reports that are overly unfair. The gun that I bought was new for $2700, has exceptional wood, weighs in under 6 pounds, and the fit and finish is on par with other European guns of this price range and even a few hundred dollars more in cost. The triggers are crisp and break under four pounds. And yes, it is a box lock with side plates - this only adds to the pleasing look of the gun. I also took six pheasants with it this past week, so it also seems to quite adequately do the job for which it was built.
The bottom line - I am very pleased with this gun. For the money and quality, I would recommend it to anyone interested in considering a purchase of one of these remaining models.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:52 am 
Crown Grade

Those "babes" have been running the company for quite some time, including when the Traditions line was brought here . All have degrees in accounting.

"Support our troops; we'll need them to overthrow our government"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

I bought one of the Fausti Cabelas specials. It was originally close to 3k but had a spot of rust on it and they took $900 for it brand new. It is a 12 ga sxs and has been dependable so far. It seems to be good quality and is very light weight. I shot a round of sporting clays with it and my shoulder knew it but I love the light weight for hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
Crown Grade

For $900 I'd grab it in a heartbeat! Those guns are quite nice.

I just chose a $1350 Elite Gold double trigger round action instead of a $3000 Fausti. For $900? A no-brainer. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Fausti is the DU dinner gun this year. The one our chapter had seems cheap with nasty wood and seemingly poor finish. The guy who won the limited raffle for either the Fausti or Kimber handgun chose the Kimber (not a fancy one), the runner up took the fausti.

These could have been some left overs with junk hokey DU furniture put on them.

I wasn't impressed, a basic citiori looks nicer.

All I kept hearing a couple guys say was "thats an over 2k gun" I just couldnt imagine passing on a citiori for the model fausti we had.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 am 
Limited Edition

The Fausti Class is a very nice gun, the Caledon is their current base O/U and it isn't quite as nice as the Class. I've done probably too much research on Fausti and their current line is very good and competes mostly with Beretta,Rizzini, and Ceasar Guerini(Fausti Stafano is part of the Rizzini family). The wood on the Class and Caledon is not the most figured but I've seen silver pigeons with downright ugly wood and they usually cost the same or more than Class/Caledon. One of my local dealers who carries browning,CG,Rizzini,and Fausti told me they sell by far more Faustis and their customers have been very happy with them. I see them as value if you're lookig for a nice Italian gun. I also find for their price they have very nice aesthetics. The Faustis made for traditions are a much different story, they are walmart junk, and i've read some issues on the Cabelas imports.

http://randywakeman.com/Fausti_Class_Tw ... uge_OU.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am 
Diamond Grade

One of the major problems with Fausti is that they change their distribution method every couple of years and each time they do, they simply stop supporting the shotguns sold through their previous distribution scheme. Fausti USA is only a few years old and if it doesn't work out for them, they will, as their history has shown, simply close up shop leaving those who purchased their shotguns in the lurch for parts and service. Having been burned by them once, I would recommend looking to a more dependable manufacturer for a new shotgun. I am praying for a gun buyback program in my area so I can get rid of the unrepairable Fausti O/U that I am stuck with.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more often likely to be foolish than sensible."

Bertrand Russell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 am 
Crown Grade

Uh, didn't you also buy a Charles Daly Marocchi from CDNN?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:21 am 
Diamond Grade

BarryD wrote:
Uh, didn't you also buy a Charles Daly Marocchi from CDNN?

Yes I did, but that particular shotgun is still going strong and has served it's purpose quite well, and is still doing so. I shot the highest Flurry score ever at my club (along with a teenager teammate) with that gun.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more often likely to be foolish than sensible."

Bertrand Russell