It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Blaser vs Krieghoff vs Perazzi vs Caesar Guerini
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just another drive-by OP-joined 3/1 last visit 3/7 and just the 1 post.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:22 pm 
Utility Grade

It just all boils down to what you want. how you want to spend your money. What you like or what feels good. Can't go wrong with any of them mentioned. all guns listed can and have had problems (not as a whole brand, but their mechanical, they will have issues), I've seen first hand all brands listed have issues. Certainly when you get to these price points they are much more reliable and can shoot the thousands of rounds we ask of them.

If you plan on shooting a small number of rounds, do you need a high dollar gun?

I bought a CG Summit Assent and absolutely love it and it shoots awesome. Life time warranty. says a lot from a gun that costs half of some of the others. My decision was that I could get this gun and have more money in the long run to shoot and buy ammo. Would I like to have a K gun or Blaser, sure, but this worked for me. If I decide I eventually want a K gun, then I can go get it if my needs or wants change.

There is more pros shooting them now, so they are getting up in the ranks so to speak.
Richard Faulds, Braxton Oliver, etc, I am sure I am missing some.

Buy what you want, just don't buy the P or K gun because a bunch are proud of theirs, nothing wrong with them or being proud.

I'm not a pro, so I don't need a gun of that caliber either. I can get by with a great quality gun for a big price difference.

Food for thought. Make your mind up on what you want to accomplish with the gun, then find the one that fits in that category.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Just another drive-by OP-joined 3/1 last visit 3/7 and just the 1 post.

Yes, and that was 2013...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:48 pm 
Diamond Grade

I know of one gun club that has banned shooters with Guerini shotguns. Have a sign posted to that effect.

I saw a Guerini explode into 3 pieces several years ago. One man suffered an injury to the chest from metal from the top barrel.

The gun was shipped to Guerini and they did nothing to repair, reimburse or replace the gun. That's all I know.

I know a few folks that have traded the guns listed and bought a K 80. I'm one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm 
Crown Grade

And do you know (for certain) what the cause was?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am 
Diamond Grade

If lablover's reference is to the mishap at Quantico (several years ago), the facility temporarily "banned" Guerini guns because they didn't know what had caused the problem - abundance of caution. As I recall the dispute between the gun owner and Guerini was whether the fault was the gun or improperly reloaded ammunition. I've no idea how or if that question was resolved.