CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Federal (fiber base wad) 20s, Rio Blues and Noble Sport Hull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Guys I pick up alot of these type hulls at the range when I'm cleaning up. I normally don't sort them out because I don't load them and they end up in the trash. I hate to see them wasted if someone out there can use them. I have no intention in asking a premium price for them. My question is: Is there enough interest in these hull types for me to start sorting them out and saving? I just ordered 30 flats of Rio 20s also so your opinions on them would be appreciated as well.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Federal (fiber base wad) 20s, Rio Blues and Noble Sport
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 pm 
Field Grade

Rio are a nice shell. I have loaded them in the past with Gualandi or fibre wads in both 20g and 12g. They have a smallish primer pocket so you can use most primers IIRC.

Edit: Most European primers!

To a double-e waterfall over my back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm 
Limited Edition

China Cat Sunflower wrote:
. They have a smallish primer pocket so you can use most primers IIRC.

Edit: Most European primers!

It appears you didn't recall correctly, as RIOs have a rather largish primer pocket, and most primers will fall out if using an auto loader or even a pump. I can push a Winchester in with my little finger when it's got a blister on it. Break overs will work fine prolly. I bought the BPI primer pocket fixer, and if I ever run out of RIO primers I'll use it. Until then, only RIO primers fit. I haven't tried Cheddite, but they are not much bigger in OD than a Winchester.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 am 
Field Grade

Fiocchi and Cheddite will fit Rio cases no problems if you cannot source the Rios. (I tested a couple to make sure - my memory isn't what it was it seems!)

To a double-e waterfall over my back.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Most people won't pay to get those hulls. Most people won't reload them for free. That's why they get thrown in the trash. Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:09 am 
Field Grade

I pick up hulls at my club also. I bought a primer pocket conditioner from BP and use it on the hulls with larger primer pockets. I like Rios for my 2 3/4 steel waterfowl loads.