CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 725 Briley Tube set...
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:55 pm 
Field Grade

Is there still a problem with Briley and their tube sets for the 725? I'm looking to get a 28 gauge set.

Browning Citori Maple Lightning 12/28"

Post subject: Re: 725 Briley Tube set...
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The problem isn't with Briley or their tube sets, the problem is with Browning and their gun. Someone got a little fast and loose with the phrase "mechanical triggers".

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Yea, gotta agree with Ian. Briley and Kolar make a good product. It ain't the tubes.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 pm 
Crown Grade

Flip side, why should Browning give a flying ***k about Briley or Kolar tubes...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Slugo wrote:
Flip side, why should Browning give a flying ***k about Briley or Kolar tubes...

Because, Mike, a lot of people tube guns and it saves a bit of money at Briley or Kolar if the triggers don't have to have any work done on them. So, if Browning wants to give folks one more reason to buy their product, if they advertise their triggers as "mechanical" they darn well ought to be.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:45 pm 
Crown Grade

They are mechanical. Pull the trigger twice while unloaded. Not inertia. Not trying to be a smartass, just telling it like it is...

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tell that to the guys that bought Briley tube sets based on that premise and are now having big issues with the triggers functioning properly with the small gauges. And when questions, Browning admits they aren't COMPLETELY mechanical. If they were TRULY mechanical triggers, you could be able to throw a set of subgauge tubes in them and shoot with no further modification or issue.

Slugo wrote:
They are mechanical. Pull the trigger twice while unloaded. Not inertia. Not trying to be a smartass, just telling it like it is...

Briley, Kolar, Coles, and many others can take an inertia trigger and make it function exactly as you describe by adding weight to the inertia block or swapping the inertia block spring out. STILL doesn't make it a mechanical trigger, just modified inertia. A TRUE mechanical trigger fires both barrels REGARDLESS of whether the gun is loaded, unloaded, or has one empty and one loaded chamber. This cannot be said about the 725 based on the reports I've seen here.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:00 pm 
Limited Edition

The triggers are mechanical. You can dry fire it all day long , top or bottom barrel first it does not matter.
Boehler

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As I said before, being able to dry fire it doesn't make it a mechanical trigger. Plenty of inertia triggers out there that you can dry fire both barrels all day long on, most notably Berettas after a Briley/Kolar/Cole conversion (including my dads). They are STILL inertia triggers. Its simply the fact that the "recoil" or movement created by the first hammer falling is enough to reset the inertia block for the second trigger.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Agree to disagree...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
As I said before, being able to dry fire it doesn't make it a mechanical trigger. Plenty of inertia triggers out there that you can dry fire both barrels all day long on, most notably Berettas after a Briley/Kolar/Cole conversion (including my dads). They are STILL inertia triggers. Its simply the fact that the "recoil" or movement created by the first hammer falling is enough to reset the inertia block for the second trigger.

Not saying that's wrong, but if that's the case why wouldn't a sub gauge shell reset the block for the 2nd trigger?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would guess the recoil of the smaller gauge shell is messing up the timing of the operation. IIRC Briley seems to have everything under control now as far as tuning the triggers to work, but the gun will still require modification to the triggers to allow them to function properly with subgauge shells (something which should never need to be done on a gun with TRUE mechanical triggers).

kolarskeet@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Long story short...Briley got my 725 right the second time around when I sent it in for a tubeset. Required removing a "intertia block"(for lack of a better term). As I understand it, it's designed to delay the set of the second trigger for a split second during recoil to prevent a double fire.

I had one instance of a double fire when I got it back from them after the trigger job. Just had to realize that the trigger is a little touchy now. Few thousand rounds later, and I havent had any issues.