CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tightest Choke
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:45 am 
Field Grade

what is the tightest choke tube made that you know of im talking custom made aftermarket i dont matter im in the market for the tightest choke tube it will be for a 835 mossberg

Post subject: Re: Tightest Choke
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:19 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

I would have said that you won't find one much tighter than .065" because of depreciating returns, but I clicked on Trulock and found this link http://www.trulockchokes.com/chokesearc ... n%20Hunter and they make a .094" constriction. Idunno, there may be tighter out there but I wouldn't know why.

TT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:15 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

You can buy blanks and make your own. Don't know why,one would want to,though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:51 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Have your barrel backbored to about .80 over and go from there. Tubes can be made to your specs by any number of suppliers. Briley,Wrights,etc. keep in mind that some wads dont seal well at a .80 overbore.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:43 am 
Limited Edition

maverickstar--still trying to win at that turkeyshoot?i thought i had helped you some on the problem already--ha..trulock -does make a tight choke--they make one called a titan turkey adjustable choke---it will go from full to xxx-full-it would give you about a 9? constiction-margin factor.your barrel is stock at .770 bore .so lets say you use a .680 choke,,,that waould give you a .90 constiction---ok say i use a remington 870 my stock bore is going to be a .730 lets say i use a .670 choke ,,,,i am shoooting a tighter choke than you are but my constiction is only 50!!!!see you have alot tighter choke than i do..now!!!--see a moss 835 is a factory big(backbored)bore gun---that result in the shot not be as constricted as it travels in the bore--and also means you need lees choke to recieve the same results--so a .680 is a pretty tight choke for your gun--the ting is maverick--what can make the choke better????????p.m. me again and i will give you some more hints..by the way where i shoot--we have had 7 country ham rounds this year--my friends 14 year old daughter won 1 time, my 18 year old daughter won 2 times ,and i myself won 1 time,,so what we are doing has won over half the ham rounds :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:47 am 
Limited Edition

mav--i know youi are going tonight--so p.m. me and i will tell ypu another little secret to use tonight--i feel as though you have a good pattern of shot now but are wanting tighter groups --i will tell you something to try to really tighten them groups up tonight :shock: