CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Q20 Blu & Black Diamond
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone have any expirience with this new lubricant / cleaning product?

Post subject: Re: Q20 Blu & Black Diamond
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm 

I have used it, not in love with the Q20 I think it is overpriced for what it does.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 pm 
Field Grade

So far so good, yeah it's not cheap, but I've never seen anything worth a flip be on the inexpensive side.

The Black Diamond, I use on my suppressed AR's, it works better than anything else, short of a wire wheel on a 4.5'' grinder for removing the carbon build up.

The Blue, I'm most impressed with the fact that once a good coat is applied, you will be hard pressed to leave a finger print on the blued metal.

IMHO, some of the best gun product out there.
Jed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:24 am 
Tournament Grade

Q20 Blu is the only lubricant/cleaner that is heavier than water. This truly displaces any water from making any surface contact with the gun. Try it yourself...take your favorite lubricant and pour it in water. It will float to the top. Q20 Blu will sink to the bottom. Rumor also has it that Kreighoff will be including a bottle of Q20 Blu with the purchase of any of their guns.
Q20 Blu is the best cleaner/lubricator that I have ever used. After a couple applications...no carbon or plastic will stick to the surface of the metal. A quick wipe and your gun is clean.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Great input, thanks to all who replied. I too have heard that Krieghoff had private labled it. That certainly says something. I will give it a go, and put it through the paces. I see that the NSSA / NSCA has endorsed it, and it can be ordered through their website.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 pm 
Crown Grade

I tried it for 30 seconds. The smell was so bad I sent it back. The company told me they are in the works of changing the odor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

They are indeed developing and testing masking agents for the odor. Obviously cherries or roses wouldn't be a shooters first choice :). The current smell is awful but the product is great
Kreighoff will be using the product in all their packaging but yes...they will be renaming it due to a name conflict overseas.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 am 
Diamond Grade

Why do you keep plugging this product? Isn't there a policy here against free advertising?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 am 
Crown Grade

deadapair wrote:
Why do you keep plugging this product? Isn't there a policy here against free advertising?

Are you serious or is that sarcasm? Isn't it free advertising then every time someone recommends a particular model or brand of shotgun?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am 
Diamond Grade

I can usually tell the difference between someone making a recommendation based on experience and outright commercial plugs to get around some forums' no advertising rules.

His posts on this and other lubrication threads definitely smell of the latter.

I could be wrong though. It's happened before.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:18 am 
Field Grade

deadapair wrote:
I can usually tell the difference between someone making a recommendation based on experience and outright commercial plugs to get around some forums' no advertising rules.

His posts on this and other lubrication threads definitely smell of the latter.

I could be wrong though. It's happened before.

agree!!

on the other hand, I bought one of those black diamond cleaners at the Texas 4-H shoot last month, so when we got home, I cleaned both of our guns and it was easier to remove the carbon build up with it than any other cleaner I've used before. I've been recommending it here at work since we have firearms training coming up next week.

As far as price goes, I think the company will sell lots more products if the price was $3.00 cheaper on the 8oz bottle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

deadapair wrote:

Not trying to get free advertising of any product. The title of the thread is Q20 Blu and Black Diamond. The OP was looking for information and I Just shared my knowledge of a product that I use and truly believe works better than many of the similar products out there. The product is fairly new to the market and many people are unaware of it. Is it free advertising every time someone mentions how great Mueller chokes are or a particular wad that they favor in a reload? Use the info if you like...if not...move on!

I like to use Win209 primers in my reloads...am I breaking the rules by saying that :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

in2ice wrote:
deadapair wrote:

Not trying to get free advertising of any product. The title of the thread is Q20 Blu and Black Diamond. The OP was looking for information and I Just shared my knowledge of a product that I use and truly believe works better than many of the similar products out there. The product is fairly new to the market and many people are unaware of it. Is it free advertising every time someone mentions how great Mueller chokes are or a particular wad that they favor in a reload? Use the info if you like...if not...move on!

I like to use Win209 primers in my reloads...am I breaking the rules by saying that :roll:

I was talking to the originator of this thread, which has multiple posts claiming how great this stuff is in recent oil related threads.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

deadapair wrote:
in2ice wrote:
deadapair wrote:

I was talking to the originator of this thread, which has multiple posts claiming how great this stuff is in recent oil related threads.

Oh...sorry. I assumed you were referring to my comments on the product. You know what they say about assuming..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

I used a small amount of Q-20 (Complementary at US Open). I noticed that the Tru-Oil finish on my stock was damaged, possibly caused by a drip of Q-20. Anyone else with similar experience?

I have gotten small amounts of various lubricants on this stock with not damage to the finish. I will stick to BreakFree CLP, at least for the time being.

B-R-S-I.COM
VA NSCA Delegate
NSCA Level 2, Instructor
NRA Level 1, Shotgun Coach
CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 am 
Field Grade

Interesting ded&ded. I also picked some up at the U.S. Open and asked the Q20 lady in the tent about any issues with stock finish. I told her I was looking for something similar to Balistisol that was safe for stock finishes. She said that Q20 Blu was safe and in fact that she was getting reports the people were using it to protect the stock finish from Deet. I've been using it a couple of months now on my sporting clays shotgun and haven't seen any issues. I would be interested in hearing anyone's experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:38 pm 
Crown Grade

I asked this on another thread and haven't received an answer yet. Where do you buy this stuff? I have never seen it in any stores. Must I buy it on-line?

Pennsylvania in the Summer
Florida in the Winter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm 
Field Grade

Jim Miller wrote:
I asked this on another thread and haven't received an answer yet. Where do you buy this stuff? I have never seen it in any stores. Must I buy it on-line?

Can buy online (apparently) direct from here

http://www.matrixxproductsoe.com/v5fmsn ... &CurPath=1

Beyond that I have not seen it anywhere except at gun shows.

Lan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't really want oil or any lubricant in the bore of my shotgun. Bores are supposed to be clean and dry, especially the chamber, you want the hull to grab the chamber walls and not be slip sliding around. You probably want a little grease on the choke threads, not a dry lubricant. If you are shooting an O/U you don't want dry lube on the hinge pin, that's a place for grease. I sure don't want a dry lube on my semi-autos.

Cleaners/lubes/rust inhibitors have always been OK at all, but never great at all, and if you read the QMAXX info, it refers more to rust inhibitors than it does anything else........When they tell me it makes choke tubes run smoother????? They lost me for sure.

Never believed in 'miracle in a can" and still don't!

Cleaners clean, lubricants lubricate and rust inhibitors stop rust. I like to keep them separate and on the appropriate surface!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

deadapair wrote:

Yea nobody has ever done that before!

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
NSCA 546619
Member of the NRA