CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester sxp accessories
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 am 
Utility Grade

Hi I own an sxp and was wondering if anyone knows of any cool accessories that I can fit onto it. All I have is a new bead :(

I would like maybe a new stock or for grip but can't see any for sale especially here in the uk. I would be willing to pay to get part imported if not to pricey.

Any info would be great thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Post subject: Re: Winchester sxp accessories
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Welcome to Shotgun World dozzer. ATI makes a few accessories for the SXP:
http://www.atigunstocks.com/128-stocks
http://www.atigunstocks.com/129-accessories-parts

I've seen a SureFire weapons lite forend on a SXP that is probably made for Winchester 1300 Defenders. The 1300 mag tube light mounts might work as well.

Post subject: Re: Winchester sxp accessories
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 am 
Utility Grade

Yes, ATI makes some stuff for Winchesters. I hear you can use 1300 stocks and forends on the SXP. You just have to cut the stock where it meets the receiver since the 1300 had that pointy triangular patter on the joint, whereas SXPs are straight. But once that is shaved down, it would fit. Might give it a try myself. Also some company makes an adapter that allows you to mount stock designed for Remingtons and Mossbergs.

If you want more mag capacity, Win 1300 extensions fit the SXP.

People often complain about the lack of accesories for the Winchesters. But IMO most anything you'd want to put on your gun is made for the SXP by one company or another. Anything that's not made is generally all the gimmicky BS that has no business being on a shotgun in the first place.

Remingtons and Mossbergs have a bigger aftermarket because most of it is flooded with cheap useless Tapco crap. Once you only count quality accessories that are worth putting on your gun, those aftermarkets shrink mighty fast.

Basically if you need something for your SXP, look into stuff designed for the 1300 as well, there's a good chance it might work. Since the SXP is just a 1300 with some tweaks and a facelift.