CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ever heard of Blue Mallard Shotguns by Masieri of Italy?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I have part of a gun that belonged to my wifes Father. It is a Blue Mallard auto by Masieri in Italy. I have the stock and reciever section of the gun. The barrel forearm and magazine tube has been lost. Is this company still around? I would like to get replacement parts to get the gun shooting again for my kids.

Post subject: Re: Ever heard of Blue Mallard Shotguns by Masieri of Italy?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I looked high and low on the internet last night. I managed to only find one reference to it that was in some sort of table of names and the other was a used one for sale that was no longer on the website. Other than that ...Nothing...
Here are the links. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

http://www.leds.state.or.us/resources/n ... _codes.pdf

http://cherrys.com/longguns.htm

You might want to call the number on the bottom link and ask them if they could help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for looking. The gun looks a lot like a Franchii (sp?) auto. It was probably made in the 70's or early 80's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:47 am 
I actually have one of these that was my grandfathers gun. I was told it was made in the early 60's either by Franchi or one of the other post war offshoots of Franchi. I'm not sure where you would be able to find parts for this. Hopefully some old Franchi parts will interchange. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Larry--
I have one in the shop that needs a shell stop. Any ideas on a breakdown sheet?? Trying to figure out what it looks like, if we can't find parts.

Would you be interested in selling your parts??

Jerry K

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:54 pm 
I have a Masieri Blue Mallard 12 ga. autoloader in good firing condition. I bought it in North Dakota when in the Air Force at a garage sale and used it for 3 years for duck, rabbit and even goose with the polychoke set to full. I brought home a lot of game and it served me well. I have it over my reloading bench.

Barry S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Masieri Blue Mallard that i am looking to part out if your interested please let me know and we can work something out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ahappysock wrote:
I have a Masieri Blue Mallard that i am looking to part out if your interested please let me know and we can work something out

It's been 7 years since the last post in this thread. I think they have either found the part or given up by now...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Guest wrote:
I actually have one of these that was my grandfathers gun. I was told it was made in the early 60's either by Franchi or one of the other post war offshoots of Franchi. I'm not sure where you would be able to find parts for this. Hopefully some old Franchi parts will interchange. Hope this helps.

I actually need parts for that gun is it still available? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:21 pm 
Utility Grade

I also have a blue mallard 12 guage made by Masieri. I need action parts. This gun is important to me. I got it from my dad and used it as a kid. Does anybody have parts or know who does?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:27 pm 
Utility Grade

ahappysock wrote:

Do you still have the gun I am interested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Blue Mallard shotgun that I received from my father. When loading shells into the magazine tube they dont seem to retain in tube.

(If I put a shell in the tube and removed my finger from holding it in it would pop right out)

Is there anything obvious I should be looking for?

It doesnt really have an sentimental value to me so if it's too much trouble I might be looking at parting it out or just selling it whole.