CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [b]Old J. Stevens double-barrel shotguns[/b]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:36 am 
I have 2 "old" J. Stevens shotguns and am trying to find out the vintage and collector value. Both are hammerless with double triggers. The 20 ga. has "-SPRINGFIELD-", "J.STEVENS ARMS COMPANY", "CHICOPEE FALLS,MASS.U.S.A." stamped on 3 lines on one side of the receiver ... & "5100" stamped on the other side. The other, a 16 ga., has "J.Stevens A & T Co", "Chicopee Falls,Mass.U.S.A.", "Pats.Appl'd For" stamped on 3 lines on the left side of the receiver with "STEVENS" scrolled on the checkered butt plate. Both are in, what I would consider, Good to Very Good NRA condition. Information here or to [url]mijtmoore@yahoo.com[/url]would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: [b]Old J. Stevens double-barrel shotguns[/b]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

The 20 guage was made sometime from 1916 (or 1920 according to some sources) to 1942. The earlier ones seem to be marked with only "Springfield", without the Stevens name. I would date the 16 guage between 1886 and 1916 (or 1920) by the "A&T" in the name. There are not a lot of Stevens collectors and their doubles are pretty common, so I doubt if either of yours would bring more than $150 (but I could be wrong).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:02 pm 
Field Grade

stevens firearms dont hold much collector value,but your guns being 20 & 16 guage in the condition you described should bring $200 to $300 easily :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:37 pm 
I collect 311s a little. The 20g will bring $250 and the 16g $350 on the net. Don't know if that's what they're worth, but that's what they are bringing.

humpback

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:51 pm 
Field Grade

hey humback, thats about right,the net does bring a little bit more than the real world. :wink: , redman