CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The loss of Malaysia Airlines Flight 870
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Until the searchers find the wreckage, the world won't know why a full sized airliner full of people went down. But it's looking more like the plane came apart seven miles high, after turning around. If that's the case, this could be a pilot suicide where the pilot brought aboard a bomb that was preset to detonate at a certain time, and he had to make a shallow turn to keep the plane over the water, where hopefully there would never be any definitive proof that he was responsible for the crash.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/09/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t1

The world has a problem with 250 million dollar airplanes being flown by pilots who earn less than kids flipping hamburgers in the United States. This has happened before.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Pilot+M ... story.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatatime/ ... t-to-rome/

The press is making much out of two passengers on MA 370 that had stolen passports. If they were suicide bombers they likely would have wanted the world to know who was responsible, and why would a suicide bomber have the plane turn around?

It's all speculation at this point, but my speculation is that the pilot blew up the plane over the ocean in order that his family collect insurance, or there is some other intentional act by the pilot or first officer to bring down the plane.

Post subject: Re: The loss of Malaysia Airlines Flight 870
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:02 pm 
Crown Grade

There is speculation that Uighus/Uyghurs, may be responsible for this loss as they have been blamed for the knife attack in China that left 29 dead recently.
It will be interesting on who the most likely culprits may be. The plane was en route to China with a large amount of Chinese passengers.
The Chinese and Russians should have little tolerance should terrorism against them continue.

Quote:
Islam militant group the Uyghurs could be linked with the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.
Just last week the group was blamed for a violent attack at a Chinese train station.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ho-3222758
Quote:
Frequent outbreaks of violence have beset Xinjiang, a resource-rich area where the arrival of waves of Han Chinese people over the decades has fueled tensions with the Uyghurs, a Turkic-speaking, predominantly Muslim ethnic group.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asi ... ay-attack/

Frederick Douglass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's possible that this plane had a detonation of it's fuel tanks, like Flight 800 in the late 1990's.

But if you have to figure out a scenario where the plane makes an unannounced turn around, coupled with coming apart at 35,000 feet, the simplest explanation is that the pilot or first officer wanted the plane to come apart over the ocean in thousands of pieces so that there would never be any hard proof of what happened.

It could be terrorists, but why would they turn around the plane?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:52 pm 
Crown Grade

There are no shortage of questions to be asked.
But from what I have seen it appears that the flight was MH370 with flight 870 commonly referring to Itavia Flight 870 which crashed on a routine flight from Bologna, Italy to Palermo, Sicily.

Why did another pilot hear mumbling and interference when he tried to contact flight MH370?
Quote:
Quote:
A pilot who was flying in the vicinity of flight MH370 said he heard mumbling and interference when he tried to contact the missing plane.

The pilot, who asked to remain anonymous, told the New Straits Times that his plane, which was bound for Narita, Japan, was able to make contact using an emergency frequency.

"We managed to establish contact with MH370 just after 1.30am and asked them if they have transferred into Vietnamese airspace," he said.

"The voice on the other side could have been either Captain Zaharie (Ahmad Shah, 53,) or Fariq (Abdul Hamid, 27), but I was sure it was the copilot

“There were a lot of interference ... static ... but I heard mumbling from the other end.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... en-3223447

Frederick Douglass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The problem with airplane crash witnesses being unreliable is actually taught at law schools, or at least it was thirty years ago. If you'd like to see a hundred people give a hundred different stories, ask them about an airplane crash. And, there are also the attention seekers and the folks who just like to make things up. But, let's go with an mumbling pilot scenario.

If there was a sudden depressurization, there wouldn't likely have been mumbling. The pilot and first officer would have known what had happened, the oxygen masks would have dropped, and one pilot is always supposed to be on oxygen anyway at 35,000 feet?

But what about a partial depressurization in an airliner, where the equipment wasn't function correctly? You'd expect degraded performance, bad judgement, maybe even mumbling.

http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/18189 ... directed=1

But the plane coming apart in mid air leaving a wreckage trail nine miles long would not be expected from pilots undergoing hypoxia. If that plane came apart at 35,000 feet, something other than pilot error or a stall would be involved. There you'd expect a bomb, missile, or some other failure of the air frame such as fuel tanks exploding, and for those there would be no turn around, no transmissions, or mumbling.

They need to find the black box, and then perhaps we'll know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 pm 
Crown Grade

Has anyone else picked up on the implication of the Fly-by-wire nature of the 777. As revealed on Drudge the FAA issued special provisions for the software security threat that is specific to the 777!! As a fly-by-wire software needs to be more secure to PREVENT inadvertent OR INTENTIONAL interference from passenger's computers! As the Iranians have proven they can HACK the sophisticated/secure software the USA used to fly drones (they hijacked our drone by hacking the software!!) There may be much credence to the question, "was this a test run"!!!!! We shall see... P.S. The two fake passport holders bought ONE WAY tickets and from IRAN!?????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:45 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The two Iranians now appear to be trying to escape from Iran. They flew in on valid Iranian passports, and must have paid somebody for the two stolen passports in order that they could get to Europe. One of them has a mother there, waiting for her boy who will never arrive.

The problem now seems to be that the plane doubled back after losing or having it's transponder (squawk box) turned off just before it got into Vietnamese airspace. It may have flown for as much as an hour without radio transmission or transponder.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asi ... le_sidebar

No 777 has ever came down because of any mechanical defect. The one and only other accident in that type were the three Korean pilots that hit the edge of the runway in California awhile back, and that was hardly the plane's fault.

If that plane didn't come apart in the air, and it flew for over an hour in the wrong direction after losing it's transponder, I think it's looking more like intentional pilot suicide than other scenarios.

It's possible the plane could have lost it's transponder and the pilots decided to try to fly in the dark back towards familiar airports. It's possible hijackers could have taken over the plane. But the simplest explanation for this event is that the pilot willed it all to happen.

Once they find the plane, if the black box is intact, we'll have a lot better idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sure seems to be a lot of speculation here based on what might be described as sketchy media reports at best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm 
Limited Edition

Way too much speculation.

No pilot would need a bomb to bring down his own aircraft. And unless it was a nuke, there'd be a debris field.

With 2 pilots in the cockpit, no one need wear a mask unless above FL410. A slow depressurization would be more likely to trap the pilots than a rapid one. Also, the B777 is so big that the hole would have to be huge to let the air out rapidly.

TWA 800 was shot down, probably by the U.S. Navy, and covered up.

Right now there is no evidence that the airplane even crashed, and the Malaysian government's behavior is bizarre.

If not Air Piracy, I think fire or depressurization is most likely. One thing I noticed about the Asiana crash was the fire--it wasn't the engines or fuel, but the fuselage aft of the cockpit that burned. Electrical, oxygen generators, or both may be the culprit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There's always rampant speculation about the loss of big jetliner, until they find it.

Perhaps the hardest part about this loss is that the plane's transponder stopped and there are reports that it was silent, still on radar, still at altitude, and made a turn around and flew for over an hour.

Depressurization doesn't turn off the transponder. The events that turn off the transponder other than intentional acts of the pilot usually bring the plane down right then and there.

Helluva mystery, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chinese spy satellite picked it up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Chinese satellite report didn't pan out. But it gets even wilder and wilder.

There are reports now that the plane's Rolls Royce engines automatically give out engine performance reports, and those reports continued for up to four hours after the transponder quit functioning. If true the plane could have traveled on another 2,000 miles.

http://time.com/22814/missing-jet-may-h ... our-hours/

Wow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:05 am 
Crown Grade

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger and you must wonder if there is a scenario that borders on a Hollywood movie.
A person wishes to acknowledge that so much the rest of the world is modern and up to western standards but we must now wonder about Malaysia because of the nature of the conflicting reports.
That it being possible that the plane flew for another four hours makes speculation on the history of the pilots allowing attractive females into the cockpit and of cell phones of passengers ringing more interesting.
Four hours of flight covers a lot of territory.
There are more questions instead of fewer. Things will be sorted out to what level of satisfaction?

Frederick Douglass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am 
Limited Edition

The fact that the FO invited girls into the cockpit removes him from suspicion in my book. What young pilot wouldn't if he could get away with it?

Fuel on board, receipt of ACARS transmissions, these are things that were known at the outset, but kept from the media. It seems the Malaysians even let a farce of a search go on for days.

By the way, the news keeps talking about 2 transponders. Only 1 can be selected at a time and there is no alert other than a query from ATC if it fails.

Curiouser and curiouser...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Malaya officials deny the engines kept on giving reports after the last transponder contact.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t1

It's been a long, long time since one of those big airliners went down and they never found a trace of it. Once they find the wreckage, we'll know more.

It is a mystery, until we know the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

VictorGK wrote:
...A person wishes to acknowledge that so much the rest of the world is modern and up to western standards but we must now wonder about Malaysia because of the nature of the conflicting reports....

If anything I would find it difficult to believe western 'spy' satellites would not have data which would shed light on the outcome (location of wreckage) for this flight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The spy satellites are over a hundred miles high, it was dark, and there might have been cloud cover.

From what I gather the transponder boxes return and amplify "pings" from radar, and without the transponder on it's difficult to reconstruct by radar logs where the plane went after the transponder quit.

But if the plane flew on after the transponder was shut off, the odds are the pilot or first officer intentionally shut off the transponder to hide the plane's position. The plane would have been on autopilot at that point in the flight. The simple explanation is that the transponder was shut off intentionally and the plane flown somewhere outside of it's flight path. Somebody was trying to make it hard to find the plane, and the best candidate for that is the pilot, a man with 58,000 flight hours who was probably not earning much more than a hundred dollars a week.

But we'll have to wait until they find the plane to find out for certain.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:08 pm 
Crown Grade

I think we can assume that pilots make considerably more than the average Malaysian. I'm assuming that a top salary would exceed a hundred grand a year. If someone could make something of the following three links concerning pilot salaries I would appreciate it.

5,000 myr appears to be median monthly malaysian salary
http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-su ... &loctype=1

average monthly salary
Quote:
Average Gross Salary (inclusive of basic salary & allowances):
Second Officer, SO – RM6,000 – RM8,000
First Officer, FO – RM10,000 – RM16,000 (also depends on craft size)
Captain – RM15,000 – RM35,000 (also depends on craft size)

http://captainashraf.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -earn.html

Quote:
1.00 Malaysian Ringgit Rates table
Top 10 Mar 13, 2014 19:02 UTC
Malaysian Ringgit 1.00 MYR inv. 1.00 MYR
Euro 0.219961 4.546258
US Dollar 0.304835 3.280461
British Pound 0.183445 5.451240
Indian Rupee 18.679320 0.053535
Australian Dollar 0.337855 2.959852
Canadian Dollar 0.337231 2.965331
Emirati Dirham 1.119675 0.893116
Swiss Franc 0.266845 3.747501
Chinese Yuan Renminbi 1.870610 0.534585
New Zealand Dollar 0.357569 2.796666

http://www.x-rates.com/table/?from=MYR

Frederick Douglass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

HOOKERS IN THE COCKPIT :shock: . I thought they cut all those pecks when the price wars started. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm 
Crown Grade

LILGUY wrote:
I thought they cut all those pecks when the price wars started

Perks or pecks???? ouch, Must be perks but then it is a Muslim country.

Frederick Douglass