It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: winchester mod 12 stock
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:02 am 
Utility Grade

well new fish on this sight. picked up a mod 12 a while back from a buddy and the previous owner seemed to have butchered the refinishing job on the butt stock and added an inch or so extension to it, then clear coated the whole thing...lol.
i picked up some refinish stuff and was going to redo it. last night trying to remove the butt stock it broke. even broke my new screwdriver trying to remove it. the whole side of the stock blew out...ouch, and still cant get the screw to come out. its moved maybe 1/4 turn at most. not sure if the guy used red lok-tite or what to be so hard to take out. 2 of us wrenching on it and still no go...

anyways im looking to see if copies of the butt stock are avail for the 53 winchester, model 12`s anywhere in canada. i dont want to drop alot on one since these arent worth all that much.

Post subject: Re: winchester mod 12 stock
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

Jeff's Outfitters has replacement stocks for $75.00.

As far as the stock bolt, you will have to chip away the broken stock. Then disassemble the action and apply heat to the stock bolt and rear of action. Be very careful and do not over heat the action.