CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pawn Shop Gun Question, Renata Gamba?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Stopped into a Pawn Shop today and the guy had a 2 barrel set single & over/under, it appreared to be a Trap Gun. The brand name is Renata Gamba, Edinburg Model? Have you guys heard of this one? Let me know.

Thanks

Scott

Post subject: Re: Pawn Shop Gun Question, Renata Gamba?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:07 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

They're a very good quality,medium priced gun.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

He said he thought he was going to put a price tage of $2,500 on it. Is he in the ball park?

Thanks

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm 
Valued at1200$ to 600$ in the "Blue Book". I have only handled one once at the NSCA Nationals last year, the guy that had it was in my squad. I was very impressed, the gun handled great and from the outside I almost thought it was a 20ga. If I had a chance I would look for one. PS. if it is a 2 barrel set and cased, you would need to up the value quite a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

I agree it does look like a 20gage. Yes it is a 2 barrel set and has the original case and papers. Is it worth $2,500 though?

Thanks

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Eden,
Below is a link to one on GunsAmerica so it is the sale price. It is a single barrel and it is going for $1150. If you found another one at that price in an O/U you could buy both and have $200 left over.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976431079.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:04 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

They're good, but not that good, I would think about $1500 max. I saw nice a trap single for $600, not to long ago.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

So if it has 2 barrels and based on the price of $1,150 for a single. What would be a fair offer...$1,500.00?

Thanks For The Input.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:48 pm 
Crown Grade

EDEN

Are you talking about that gun at runners. I've kinda avoided buying from there since they're usually high on their prices. Last year they sold a 3200 for high book with a crack in the stock and they currently have another o/u a their other store for $390. 100% on it is $375. the gun is realistically 90% ($250-275). I'd try hard to get them to knock down the price. Besides they've had it for at least a few years now so they be willing to do something. It is a nice looking gun though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey Driggy, yep that's the one. I agree about the pricing there. I have had the same thoughts. It is and interesting gun however. They told me that it was part of an estate, and the daughter ended up with it? They said they have had a couple offers around $2,000 and she would not take it. So who knows. I was looking at it for my son. I guess If I'm going to pay that kind of money for a used gun I might as well go out and find the right new gun, and yes I did get my from Vince. When it comes in we can hook up and you get a look and shoot it a bit if you'd like. Hopefully that will be soon. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:05 am 
The Edinburg was the entry level target gun of Gamba, a well respected mfg. These guns in single barrel can be bought in the $600-800. range in excellent to mint cond. The knock on them is the firing pin springs and forend iron.
If you want an excellent made o/u or combo, go with their Daytona....one of the best made guns with fantastic fit/finish.
Good shooting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I can't help you on the price - I have no idea. The Gamba guns are very well made and I have two friends that have pounded tons of shells through them with no problems.
I've shot both of their guns and was impressed with the workmanship and balance.
Good luck on getting the right deal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

A friend of mine has a Gamba "Montreal" model. Its got Briley tubes 20, 28 & 410.
Its a nice gun & shoots well. The only problem he has had is misfires on the second shot during skeet doubles. Trip to the gunsmith & $100.00 fixed the problem.

Rod. :)