CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg international Silver Reserve Over Under
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:03 pm 
Utility Grade

I just purchased this mossberg o/u on friday and i love it mine has 28" bbl's and A nickel receiver with 2 gold pheasants on each side not the fanciest of engraving but it dresses up this field gun the safety is intergral to the bbl selector and it points and shoots great it was made in turkey after A box of 90 clays later I had missed 8 I am just a backyard clays shooter and A occasional bird hunter and for 489- I consider this A bargain
Jay

here is A link to their site
http://www.mossbergintl.com/

Sorry mod i should have put this in opinions

Last edited by Jay69mx2000 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Mossberg international Silver Reserve Over Under
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:33 pm 
Yes indeed. Mossberg makes a decent shotgun for the money.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Congrats on your Mossy O/U.

I have not seen one in person but looks interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Mossberg international Silver Reserve Over Under = Kahn.

The Kahn is $399 at Big 5, the Mossberg is $599 at a local dealer. Both with blued receiver and single extractor, the Mossberg adds the golden birds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:13 am 
Crown Grade

As you stated, Mossberg doesn't make the Silver Reserve, they import it from Turkey. The barrel is stamped with the manufacturer's name "Kayhan". Until now, I didn't realize that it was the same company as Khan:

http://www.khanshotguns.com/default_mai ... ontact.asp

If you paid $489, you got a good deal on a basic O/U. My local dealer is asking $599 for the same gun. Keep us posted on your experiences with this gun. Several folks here at SGW have been asking about the Silver Reserve.

The February 2005 issue of Field & Stream has a brief review of some of the latest shotguns to be imported from Russia and Turkey. They liked the Silver Reserve.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:12 pm 
Utility Grade

I purchased mine from randys hunting center while they were at A gun show at gibralter trade center in mt clemens MI. I received 10 bucks off for A multi gun purchase so its normally 499 but if anyone is interested randys is in bad axe MI . They also are at gibralter once A month for the gun show. I now have 200 rounds through it and no complaints as yet
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I was checking one out at my local Gander Mtn. It's a reeeeeaal nice gun for the money. The fit and finish seemed excellent and it broke like a dream. Seemed to fit me like a glove too.

Jay69mx2000- You've got to keep us updated on how your guns holding up.

GM wanted $550 for it though. I'm going to wait until spring to decide between this and a Verona.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:43 am 
Diamond Grade

Kahn vs Verona... who'd of thunk it.

Actually, if Big 5 had the old Kahn .410 O/U with the monte carlo stock for $399 I'd take it in a flash.

Like the old unintended acceleration problems that Audi had, I think Kahn got a bad reputation for their doubling "feature". This was the deal where the older Kahns would fire both barrels with one trigger pull if the barrel selector was moved to the in-between position.

I prefer auto-ejectors in an O/U, but at $399 I'd take the Kahn with its single extractor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Well another 150 rounds through it so I am up to 350 now and not A flaw to be found
Jay