CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wal-Mart Posting Guns & Prices?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey did I miss something? When did Wal-Mart start posting their guns and prices? Maybe I just missed it in the past, but here's a link.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog. ... 5%3A170080

Post subject: Re: Wal-Mart Posting Guns & Prices?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:30 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

They've been there as long as I have been messing with computers, several years anyway. Our WalMart doesn't have the stock that they list though, we had a good counterperson at one time and he made sure to keep the popular items, and would order anything available to the store. He quit and they only keep what HQ sends them now.

They have some really good prices on Remingtons, if you can get them to order. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:48 pm 
Field Grade

yep, walmart has had their prices online for pretty much as long as i can remember. their prices are great as they usually can beat most stores, but availability is another question. if you can find a good sales person to special order you something then you are in luck, but more often than not they probably dont care and will just sell what they are given. i have had good luck with them, but that is totally store dependent.
Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

What do you guys think of Walmarts pricing on firearms..?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have been guilty of buying guns from Walmart in the past. I probably will never do so again. The $20 you save isn't worth the hassle of buying a gun from people who know nothing about guns. My local dealer will special order me anything I want and always gives me a good deal. I would rather support an independant small business with excellent service!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess I was the only one that didn't know :oops:

Jay G.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

You save $20 bucks? I went to wal mart the other day and they want 249.00 for the express. Gander mountain sells it for 237.00. At least in my neck of the woods. I remember when I was a teenager I stopped by my buddy's house and his mom was sitting there with a crazy look on her face. I asked her what gives and she said she was practicing her wal mart smile. lmao! I told her she wasn't that stupid and she should tell them to stick it up their @$$$^!!!!!!! She did end up quitting and you know they also made her come in on her days off to do excersises? Do they still do that to their employees? Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:45 am 
Limited Edition

They have a 525 Citori Gold field model for 1,489.00, Browning has a retail price of 1,900 on the same gun. I know you can get a better deal than straight retail from a Browning dealer that"s still a pretty good drop. I did notice they don't even show Beretta on the site which is kind of odd with all the discussion about the 390 20ga. for $300.00 that's been going on for a few weeks on the Beretta posts. Wonder if Browning has underbid Beretta for being their upper line guns.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:47 am 
Limited Edition

525 was not a Gold duh not awake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

shotgunworld wrote:
I guess I was the only one that didn't know :oops:
Jay G.

You can include me in that list.
i figured it would be to politically incorrect,
Good for Wal Mart.
ya learn sumthin' every day. :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Quote:
I did notice they don't even show Beretta on the site which is kind of odd with all the discussion about the 390 20ga. for $300.00 that's been going on for a few weeks on the Beretta posts.

A friend of mine bought a 390 20ga. He was told they are discontinuing the Beretta 390 in their line of firearms. He bought his for 350.00 and missed a 12ga for 450.00. I think what is currently in stock is all they have. Not sure though.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"
NSSA #165694
Bud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:01 am 
Limited Edition

I swear Illinois has to be the only place in the whole chain of Wallyworlds that when you ask them about those 20ga guns they look at you and say $529.00 for the 12 and 20. That's a sweet 20 for $350.00.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 am 
Tournament Grade

Rumor has it Wally and Beretta have split the sheets.

I called all the Wal-Marts in my area and they all said their ordering catalogs contain no Beretta products.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:20 pm 
I got one of the 20's for $350 but the 12 is still $539 at the same store.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:54 pm 
I live in IL and have Wallmart's within 20 minutes of any direction of my house, but not the Super Wallmarts. Do they still offer the Fausti line of O/U? I am looking for a 2nd. O/U just for a spare, and YES I know it's not a B gun, but I only want to spend the minimum. Also lastg week I was out in AR ona business trip and Wallmart pretty much owns that state being they are based in Bentonville AR. I swear there was a Super Wallmart about every 5 miles I drove. I visited the Super Wallmart across the street from the corp. hq and on ein Fayetteville AR and they had a great selection of guns and a counter person at each location that knew what he was talking about. Too bad I can't get the selection or counter help like that here in IL.

JP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey shotgunworld, I went to the link you provided and there was nothing about guns, other than safes and carry cases. I have never been able to find a walmart gun price online. And I've clicked every link on their site.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Hey jon123, take a look at when that post was published... Top right corner of the post...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The biggest problem in not prices but finding a Wal-Mart that still carries guns. Even here in Kansas the three closest Wal-Marts to me no longer sell firearms. Ammo, Yes. Guns No. In a few years I bet they drop firearms all together.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:42 pm 
Diamond Grade

Old Sam is rolling over in his grave.

Remington 1100 20 Ga an oldie but goodie 1969
Remington 1100 28 D grade
Remington 1100 410 D grade
Winchester Model 1897 born in 1903
Breaking Clays, Fixing Teeth!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm 
Utility Grade

It's joe123 not Jon , and the only thing in the top right corner is the word quote.