It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cincinnati shooters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:35 pm 
Field Grade

Who here is in the Cincinnati area and shoots at Rush Run, Fairfield Sportsmen, Middletown Sportsmen, or Spring Valley?

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati shooters
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 pm 
Field Grade

And I thought I was the only one....
How's it going? I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of years and never really see people post about places around Cincinnati. However I'm in the same boat as you...looking for a place to shoot.
I'm just getting back into hunting and clays after almost a 20 year hiatus. I don't know if anyone else around here that's into skeet (or any clay sports for that matter) so I've been sitting around for the most part.
I did however reach out to a couple of different clubs a while back and found that most places have a lengthy wait list and don't really have open shoots. The one place I did talk with that was very friendly was Fairfield. They told me to stop out on a Sunday and check it out. Well like I said that was awhile ago and I could never make it for one reason or another(kids) but I'll be reaching out again sto see if they'll have me. I've also noticed that there is a public range (it says clays included) at Indian Creek wildlife area outside of Mt Orbe. I might call out there and see what the weekends are like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 am 
Crown Grade

Hey guys

I'm in the Dayton area. We have a pretty nice SC facility in Springfield: Clark County Sportsmen Club.

I and a couple of my buds from Clark Co also shoot pretty regularly at Rush Run, Indian Ridge, Mad River, Middletown, and occasionally Cardinal north of Columbus.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

I shot at Fairfield this weekend. Good people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:43 am 
Utility Grade

I'm new hear, relatively new to the Cincinnati area (Oct of '03). I've been shooting at Middletown Sportsmen & Spring Valley. A new neighbor has been interested in shooting, hunting & reloading, so now I have somebody to share throwing targets & shooting at them.

Dos anybody have details of the improvements to the Spring Valley rages? I've read that the shotgun range will get mechanized throwers, but the folks working there can't corroborate what changes are coming or when.

A number of the state parks have unregulated shotgun ranges, I'll have to check out a few more parks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Typo .. I've been in the area since 2013, not 2003.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Fairfield Sportsman club near Ross/ Harrison holds informal 5 Stand (maybe trap & skeet) as well, (I only go for the 5 Stand) on Sundays. 10A-2 PM It's $7 per round.

I've heard there's a monthy sporting clays course not far from there, still looking into it.