It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Verona 401 Legacy Sports Choke tube compatibility
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I just picked up a Legacy Sports 401 Deluxe (Early Serial Number). There is only one choke, and I would like to pick up a few more for trap. Any ideas of which thread or compatible choke will work? I tried the Verona SX, but not the correct threading.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Post subject: Re: Verona 401 Legacy Sports Choke tube compatibility
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: Dutchess County, NY - the northern most county of Alabama
If your gun is made in Italy, then:

"Legacy Sports turned to another pillar of Brescia for the new semi-automatics. These guns are made by F. Lli Pietta. The company touts its expertise in making historical weapons such as Western-style revolvers, muzzleloaders and period rifles. It had an existing relationship with Legacy Sports, which clearly proved Pietta had the chops to make a modern semi-automatic with old-world TLC."

Quote from this website: http://www.shotgunworld.com/shotguns/gun ... e-usa.html

I would try a Beretta Mobile choke and see if that fits, if not, then maybe one of the other Italian brand chokes. Good luck.

- Ben Franklin

Post subject: Re: Verona 401 Legacy Sports Choke tube compatibility
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I had quite a bit of trouble figuring the correct choke for this firearm. I tried the Fabarm choke that looks exactly the same in diameter, thread location, and appeared to be the same pitch and cut on the treads, but they only go into the barrel 3 full turns before getting too tight. After giving up, I called Trulock. After speaking to a very nice lady, she passed me on to speak with George Trulock himself. I have sent the chokes by mail to him to figure out. He told me if he had to, he would cut me new chokes for it. I have to admit I was more than ecstatic with their customer service and with Mr Trulock himself. I will follow up with the outcome. (Also, George is looking at making some Marocchi chokes for me also)

**Clay are evil and must be destroyed!***