CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gazelle shot guns turkish made
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:24 pm 
Utility Grade

6 month ago i bought a gazelle shotgun 12 gauge o/u,28 inch barrels i shoot skeet and trap.i had a pad put on by a gunsmith, last saturday i shot a couple rounds of trap, i got home went to clean the gun
took off the fore arm and the webbing hold the 2 bnarrels was broken loose from the barrels i took it back to the selling dealer they called the distributor and they ageed to give me a new gun ,it with 26 in barrels which i dont want,when i complained the ( distributor) said i shoul be happy they are giving me a new gun because i voided the warranty by putting a stock pad on the gun,i wanted my stock which was fitted to me ,so i figured i would take the new barrels and put it on my stock but it doesnt fit they said you cant change barrels i complained again and now he said he would sell me 28 inch barrels what a you know what, he said when i put the pad on it put undo pressure on the gun , are they serious
buyer beware gazelle fire arms
thanks

Post subject: Re: gazelle shot guns turkish made
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:28 pm 
Diamond Grade

yosal wrote:
6 month ago i bought a gazelle shotgun 12 gauge o/u,28 inch barrels i shoot skeet and trap.i had a pad put on by a gunsmith, last saturday i shot a couple rounds of trap, i got home went to clean the gun
took off the fore arm and the webbing hold the 2 bnarrels was broken loose from the barrels i took it back to the selling dealer they called the distributor and they ageed to give me a new gun ,it with 26 in barrels which i dont want,when i complained the ( distributor) said i shoul be happy they are giving me a new gun because i voided the warranty by putting a stock pad on the gun,i wanted my stock which was fitted to me ,so i figured i would take the new barrels and put it on my stock but it doesnt fit they said you cant change barrels i complained again and now he said he would sell me 28 inch barrels what a you know what, he said when i put the pad on it put undo pressure on the gun , are they serious
buyer beware gazelle fire arms
thanks

If I understand your post correctly it sounds like you have encountered nothing out of the ordinary. Modifying a gun by cutting the stock, polishing or lengthening the forcing cones, using after market chokes, changing the front sight, porting the barrels, stoning/sanding/polishing/fitting the fore end iron, trunions or sears, even lubricating the action are all examples of end-user actions that can void a warranty. In many US states these policies are not unique to Gazelle nor is it limited to gun warranites.

Before you alter your new gun only do so with the knowledge that the warranty may not be honored if something--anything--even something unrelated to your modification goes wrong. Some owners limit their modifications during the warranty period to things that can be "reversed" before sending the gun in for service. I find that most serious shooters view their new guns as unwarranted and they simply pay for modifications and repairs as part of the cost of the gun. As you purchased a $700 shotgun, you may not fall into that category.

Sell the gun with th 26" and try again or get your 28" barrels back and have them repaired at yoiur expense. Ask Gazelle (nicely) to share in that expense with you since the stock work did not contribute to the barrel separation. They will probably decline.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:40 pm 
Utility Grade

thanks for that info,i just wanted new barrels there is nothing wrong with the stock ,gazelle is saying putting a stock pad on cause the barrels to go bad, which i think is nonsense
thank you
yosal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:30 am 
Limited Edition

If anybody installs a pad on thier shotgun. It has absolutly ZERO effect on function. By the company claiming that to void warranty is chicken s**t. No ifs ands or butts...

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:24 pm 
Diamond Grade

samadam165 wrote:
If anybody installs a pad on thier shotgun. It has absolutly ZERO effect on function. By the company claiming that to void warranty is chicken s**t. No ifs ands or butts...

Sam

I couldn't agree more, yet the voiding of warranties happens all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:37 pm 
Limited Edition

I know all about warranty issues. I work for a Dodge dealership (Parts) here in Phoenix. Customers always complain about warantys. Speaking about cars&trucks....I would always recommend purchasing a FACTORY extended warranty if you buy one. These "aftermarket" warranties are JUNK. If you buy a Dodge buy a Chrysler warranty....if you buy a Ford buy a FORD warranty..and so on and so on. Food for thought___they say "Bumper to Bumper" its a lie.. :lol: :lol:

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

samadam165 wrote:
If you buy a Dodge buy a Chrysler warranty....if you buy a Ford buy a FORD warranty...

Good advice for sure, and I know I'll catch some heat for this, but I think I'll buy the Honda and NO WARRANTY. Image

A Sailor's Creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:01 pm 
Limited Edition

I would HIGHLY,,let me reiterate,,HIGHLY recommend buying a warranty with any vehicle. There are lemons built every day. No matter what make or model. You don't want to pay for that transmission at 37,000 miles do you? I don't think so.

Sam

EDIT..a Factory warranty that is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

samadam165 wrote:
You don't want to pay for that transmission at 37,000 miles do you?

You make a good point, but between myself, my wife, and my son we've owned something like 8 or 9 Hondas/Acuras. Some were new, some used, but we've only had one major rebuild, a transmission :wink: at 7 years & 135,000 miles, $650 at the dealer. That car has over 200K miles on it now. For the price of 9 extended warranties I could have just about purchased one new car. :shock: I don't buy $30 extended warranties on $200 TV's either. I'll take my chances.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:43 pm 
Limited Edition

[/quote]Some were new, some used, but we've only had one major rebuild, a transmission :wink: at 7 years & 135,000 miles, $650 at the dealer.[/quote]

I'm not calling you a lier by any means!!! There is no way you paid $650 for a rebuilt Honda transmission. Labor alone would be half that. That sounds like a valve body or some "part" on the tranny. Not a rebuild..

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

samadam165 wrote:
There is no way you paid $650 for a rebuilt Honda transmission. Labor alone would be half that. That sounds like a valve body or some "part" on the tranny. Not a rebuild.

Well, it was 1997, but I guess it wasn't a total rebuild. As you said, some new parts, AND a new clutch which it didn't really need but I requested since I thought was a good idea at the time. I guess they did an OK job since it's got over 200K on that trans & clutch now. I only mentioned it because it was the one example I had of a "major rebuild". I guess "major repair" would have been a better choice of words. :roll: I'm really not arguing with you. I think your advice of "If you buy a Dodge buy a Chrysler warranty....if you buy a Ford buy a FORD warranty..." is sound advice. In any case, I think we've spent enough time hi-jacking and dragging this guys thread off-topic. Sorry to yosal and others.