ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody use Qmaxx Blu lube?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Anybody use this stuff? It seems pretty good so far.

Post subject: Re: Anybody use Qmaxx Blu lube?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:57 am 
Tournament Grade

I use it and I like it. A guy came to the club one day giving out free samples. It took me awhile but I tried it and have ordered more on the internet. I don't think it is available in stores yet but a bottle lasts a long time. The smell is distinctive but not offensive to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:04 pm 
Field Grade

Been using it for about 6 months now. works pretty good. The company also has a black version that is also very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I bought some of the Qmaxx BLU at the Open and it seems to work well. Though I have not done any sort of scientific comparison, It seems to clean as well as anything else I have used and has as good or better lubrication as Breakfree CLP. They had quite the setup at US Open offering free gun cleaning and demos comparing their product to others on the market. Of course, they demonstrated that Qmaxx was superior. :) Also, I was told by the salesman that nearly all of the big manufactures are packaging the Qmaxx products with the new shotguns. I specifically remember him saying Beretta includes Qmaxx with their new shotgun but labels it with Beretta's logo. It does have a different smell which I actually like. My wife thinks it is less offensive than others I have used. She doesn't care for the smell of Hoppy's number 9, blasphemy, I know. Overall it seems like a good product.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:15 am 
Diamond Grade

I saw the demo at the Nationals last year. Also, Jimmy Muller was using it for choke lube on Muller chokes which I use. So, I tried it and found that it performs as advertised. As stated above, it has a distinctive odor--not offensive, but noticeable. I clean my guns after each outing and am very pleased with Q-Maxx products. I do not know how it would perform for long-term storage.

CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Internet is a Delphi Process without the experts.