CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12 GUAGE DOUBLE BARREL MANHATTAN ARMS ANTIQUE
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:19 am 
Utility Grade

I have got a Manhattan Arms 12 guage double barrelled shotgun. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about the price, or just anything about it, the model number is 50049 and im not quite sure how old it is. it was my grandpas and he gave it to us because we hunt, but we dont know much about it. It has a wire wound barrel, and has a pretty good nick where the stock ends right by the recoil peice, but thats the only thing wrong with it. It is a break action gun, and has one hammer as a hair trigger. A pretty good lookin gun.

Post subject: Re: 12 GUAGE DOUBLE BARREL MANHATTAN ARMS ANTIQUE
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:08 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

There were several Dealers using that brand name, Shoverling, Daly and Galesused it on guns manufactured buy Neuman Bros, Fabrique, d'Armess Fs,Dumoulin & Co.These were all Belgian Makers. Also some SG&D guns bearing the Manhatten logo, were made by J P Sauer in Suhl,Prussia, Another company using this name was Hunter Arms Co,But if it has Damascus or Twist barrels, they can be ruled out.. I dont understand about the one hammer deal, is one missing? Is it a Hammerless or exposed hammer Gun.. Proof Marks and/or photos would help.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:26 pm 
Utility Grade

it has both hammers... it has two triggers, one for each hammer, and one of the triggers is a hair trigger. the hammers are both exposed, you pull them back first to shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The "hair trigger" is most likely a worn sear. Shotguns, ordinarily, have a trigger pull equal to about 1/2 the guns weight on the front trigger, a little more on the rear.
As Bushrod asked, are there any marks on the underside of the barrels? These could help.
Luck,
Jim