It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Verona LX702 stock removal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:05 pm 
Field Grade

Has anyone removed a stock on the Verona o/u guns with the sideplates? Which screw do you remove on the sideplates? Is it the one closest to the grip? Cannot find any type of manuals or info on it. Would like to refinish stock. Also, if anyone has a owners manual, I could use some copies of pages! Any info appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Verona LX702 stock removal
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: Dutchess County, NY - the northern most county of Alabama
Other than the sideplates the 702's are the same as the LX500 receivers. Manual for these has been posted here.

To remove the sideplates you remove the rear screws on both sides and then have to put the stock pad and undo the screw in the stock. I recently broke the two screws on the fore stock that hold the metal to the wood on my LX702GCT. Basil said this is common. I think the screws are too hard and the head break off from the recoil over time.

- Ben Franklin